When it was recognized that computers were capable in developing technology. Transactions can improve like online transactions for online viewing of web page. This information is not directly involved in the decision-making process but is needed by management. The main purpose of a transaction is to produce information for other systems and to maintain the integrity of the data that is being processed. Internet nowadays has been the free and open access to the basic documents. Moreover, recognition that humans interact easily with visual objects has stimulated the development of symbolic graphics to facilitate communication between customers and computers. The Internet has revolutionized the computer and communications world like nothing before. Internet was at once a world-wide broadcasting capability, a mechanism for spreading information.
1.1 Background of the problem
The Exhibition Center for Contemporary Art (ECCA) , was the dream of the three ardent lovers of art the art collector Cesar Duque, the art dealer Mario Alcantara, and Manuel Duldulao, author of fifteen books on Philippine art. ECCA is the largest gallery in the Philippines. The main gallery measures more than 300 square meters and the stockroom is just as large. As much, many events, other than those related to art, are held in its venue. The gallery established since Feb 2005. The company opened in the public in May 2006,All three founders had only one person in mind to run it, Marila A. Burgos, who has been an art dealer since 1980, first with the Greenhills Art Center and later on her own. She is also the owner of (ECCA). The company are located in Atis Cor. Kaimito St. Valle Verde I, in Pasig City, called the Chateau Verde Business Center, ground floor for the main gallery and first floor for a stockroom.
They have (26) books (2) books are coming soon. And they also have (500) pieces of painting since their gallery and they have only one (3) employee. It also has only one (1) branch which is the main branch of the company. Their company is not well-known or famous because they don’t have much public figure. Their transactions are walk in and phone in or through exhibits. Many artists in the philippines consigned their paintings to the gallery but limited customer only know the exhibit in ECCA . Exhibition Center for Contemporary Art (ECCA) has already their current inventory but it was done manually, they don’t have LAN- Based inventory system that will help them to determine the availability of such painting also they don’t have website. Therefore the proponents decided to update their current system.
1.2 Overview of the Current State Of The Technology
A client can go directly to the company and then when the customer liked the painting that is the time that they will buy their orders. Others will request which one of the painting they like and then the employee will show all the artist paintings manually. After that the receipt will be issue to the customer and then the customer should pay. After that the customers will pick it up right away. While when thru phone call the customers will give their opinion, then the employee will tell the customer if they are interested to buy some paintings, and then the employee will give the address to the customer to order thru walk in. On their inventory they manually/physically counting the products or paintings. They manually separate the section of books and paintings. They not accept any type of credit cards for payment, they only accept checks and cash. Because the customer direct to the gallery to see and buy paintings.
1.3 Project of Rationale
The proposed system provides Exhibition Center for Contemporary Art (ECCA) better and faster business process therefore the company will improve their advertising and inventory system. Make the works more precisely and organize. Moreover the proposed system will provide a website that will help them to advertise or show to the public their products and services. Easy to search for information with computerized system. Access to the database can usually be controlled. This will ensure that only users who are authorized can gain access to the system. The proposed system will also provide a user-friendly system that will help the company employee to speed up his work and minimize the timeframe of his work. Because the previous system of the company are not user-friendly. In addition to the proposed system it will also help the company to update and check the inventory of paintings for books. The proponents will acquire more knowledge on this system study.
Furthermore will lead in depth analysis to a system and will also enhance ability, creativity, and skills. Moreover the proposed system will also enhance programming skills and prepare to the upcoming Thesis. The proposed system will provide the customer reachable and accurate information on the availability of list of paintings that are posted in the list for sale that will lead to customers satisfaction. To the future researches, this proposed system will guide you on how you will start or do your systems study with reliable information. Furthermore, the developed system will provide them an adequate ideas regarding with them system. And also help them to determine if their system study is feasible. Future proponents may refer to and base their proposal on the topics presented by the proponents.
2. Project Description
2.1 Statement of the problem
2.1.1 General problem
How will the proposed system improved the (ECCA) poor inventory system and speed up their transactions?
The Exhibition Center for Contemporary Art’s(ECCA). inventory system are using logbook, all paintings are compiled in one logbook and some picture of paintings are just attached in the books, in other words compilations of paintings. All paintings are placed in the show room.
2.1.2 Specific problem
How will the proposed system generate update reports when needed?
The company use MS word in doing their reports, Therefore if there are thousands of sold paintings then it will be hard to generate a report.
How will the proposed system update in and out of paintings, tracking where about and location of paintings?
The number one mistake of the company is the updating of paintings , in and out. And the paintings is where about.
How to inform about competitions and events?
They don’t have a website to advertise or to inform all the artist to join the competitions
2.2 Proposed research project
2.2.1 General Objectives
The proponents aimed to provide LAN-Based Inventory System that will help Exhibition Center for Contemporary Art (ECCA) to organize their books and paintings easily ,such as updating of in and out paintings and their availability 2.2.2 Specific Objective
* Provide a module that will show or prompt all the available paintings and its prizes. * Provide a LAN-Based Inventory System that will help the employee/owner to generate sales and inventory reports with much less effort. * Provide a website for their scheduling of events and to show up all their sample pictures.
2.2.3 Scope and Limitation
The developers focus only in the head office. The head office is also the main branch of the company. Website
* Homepage – This page shows every time the official website is opened by an individual. It summarizes all the pages within the website. * Paintings – This module records the information of the Painting that being consigned to the gallery such as Artist Name, Medium of painting, size, and year. * Books – this module records the information of the book that are published. * Online Viewing of the paintings and online posting of schedule of events in the gallery – this module records and display the information of the painting online such as the artist, title of the painting, medium, year and online displaying all the events in the gallery such as exhibits, date of exhibit, upcoming exhibit, name of exhibitor, book lunching and upcoming competitions. * Painting that included in the books – this module records the information of the painting, such as the artist name, title of the painting, medium, size and year that has included in the book.
* Artist Profile – This feature includes the Artist’s name, Exhibits, Address, contact number/s, e-mail address age and achievements.
* Book Information – This feature includes the book title, name of author, year published.
* Competition Category – This module will provide the title of competition, and Theme, medium, size, year.
* Paintings for books – This module will provided the Artist name, title of painting, medium, size and year of painting, for easy retrieval of paintings records. * Customers – a module where the user can update the records of new and regular customers. * Log-out – module wherein the user can log-out to the system and he/she can also log-in. * Exit – Leave the system.
The online web pages/LAN-Based inventory system for ECCA art gallery will only not focus on the following: * Online ordering because they said that the customer didn’t buy a painting thru online because they want to see the paintings in actual. * Billing transactions because they didn’t accept any credit cards. They only accept checks and cash only. * The website will only advertise services of the company. * The inventory system is a LAN –Base only
FOURTH GENERATION TECHNIQUE
Fourth Generation Technique (4GT)
22.214.171.124 Requirements Gathering
The use of the direct inquiry as a method in data gathering is more appropriate in order to have basis of information in the system, such as the needs and the problems the user encounters. This method requires distinct questions prepared before the actual interview.
The tools of system analysis and design are used to document facts about existing or proposed system.
126.96.36.199 Design Strategy
The company needs computerized system in which they can retrieve and browse information in manual system. The proponents will focus on the design which includes the screen layout designs, report design, and database designs 188.8.131.52 Implementation using Fourth Generation Language
The coding step performs this task. The developers will be implementing the software by using VB.net programming language and PHP.
After implementing the design, the owner/employee will test the program. If the software does not satisfy the user, the developers will have to go back and examine what will solve the problem. But if, the system will pass the trial version and will be implemented, the maintenance and responsibly will be turned over to the Exhibition Center for Contemporary Art (ECCA). 3.Project Management
3.1 Calendar of Activities
Description of Activities
* Interview- For last five days before submission of proposal, the proponents conducts an interview to gather information about the ECCA Art Gallery. By asking to the interviewee what the nature of their business is, the proponents were able to understand and define the different problems that occur during the processes of their system. * Proposal (Documentation) – After gathering information about the company. The proponents provide proposal documentation. * Proposal (Defence Presentation) – Preparing presentation for the proposal and will be presented and approved. * Chapter 1- Upon approving the proposal. 10 days before checking this chapter, we will be able to document the problems and objectives and the scope and limitations of the proposed system, and also the WaterFall model used by the proponents. * Chapter 2- Together with chapter one, ten days before checking. Related studies and literature is being done within this chapter. * Chapter3- This chapter start building the diagrams, the layout structure and the programming codes of the proposed system * Web development – System development
* Initial Defence- This defence shows how far the proposed system is done. At least the system is at fifty percent complete. * Testing – Test the 50% of the system.
* Chapter 4- Almost a month will be given to finish all the chapters that eventually proceed to final defence of the system. This chapter provides the continuation of chapter three which also includes the databases and entity diagrams\ * Chapter 5- Together with chapter 4, within this chapter the proponents will be able to provide the summary, conclusion and recommendation of the overall chapters. * Testing – Final testing of the proposed system.