20-20 Will Eclipse Traditional Cricket Essay Sample
A limited time offer!
Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
20-20 Will Eclipse Traditional Cricket Essay Sample
With a cocktail of energy, adrenalin and high TRPs, the World Twenty20 is already a success. Commentators and cricket buffs are labelling it the future. There is a certitude here that was absent, for instance, when predictions for the one-day format were made at the 1975 Prudential Cup.
Despite the success of the World Twenty20, the ICC has insisted that it will not replace the 50-over format and that the limit of seven Twenty20 matches per Test-playing nation each year will still carry on despite its popularity
Where was Twenty/20 or Twenty20 (20:20) cricket match played?
• As name suggests this cricket game consists of 20 overs only (instead of 50 overs). Each bowler is allowed four overs only. This game is targeted to attract new fan. A Twenty20 game is completed in about three hours, with each innings lasting around 75 minutes. • Twenty20 Cricket was first played in English domestic cricket in 2003 (between England and Wales Cricket Board). • it was made to popularize first-class cricket and attract more spectators to the game. Now it has spread to many other countries including India. • The first international Twenty20 cricket match played between Australia and New Zealand, Eden Park, Auckland. Australia defeated New Zealand New Zealand by 44 runs.
1. The ICC admits that the growth potential for Twenty20 is huge; cue a very happy commercial team. Although the novelty of relentless six-hitting can wear off, it’s less of a problem when games can be wrapped up in three hours.
2. Its shortness also means TV viewers are less likely to wander off – good news for advertisers……….
3. With the ICC pumping millions into spreading the game globally, the crowd-drawing and moneymaking appeal of Twenty20s could also be enormously beneficial to the emerging nations
4. “Commercially, Twenty20 is more of a saleable event and you do get the crowds coming in..
5. Veiwers love the shorter, or should I say the shortest ,version of the game.
6. The Twenty20 version has, however, appealed to a wider fan-base and has been widely covered in both USA and China, according to Speed. “It’s the perfect vehicle for cricket to develop in new countries.
7. This gives us another opportunity, a different vehicle to go after those different markets. “Cricket is already a niche sport in the USA. There are lots of Indians, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans, West Indies playing cricket, so we can build on that. Twenty20 is a great opportunity to do that
8. 20-20 will be a serious threat to One day cricket. It has all the ingredients of one day cricket in a more tense form. It is exciting and time saving. It suits the current generation of viewers. Test won’t be affected. Test cricket will always be regarded as the benchmark of performances. Most cricketers enjoys test cricket. 20-20 is a fun cricket like one day and will affect its similar kind.
9. It’s difficult to get away 8 hours of the busy lives and devote them purely to a cricket match,but we can give three and half hrs to cricket.
10. The basic demand of the game being to score maximum runs in the 20 overs with batsman dominating on a batsman friendly wicket and only 1 way to go – the boundary.
T20 is just baseball cricket. It”s exciting but an overdose of it would be
1) T20 should be used sparingly.
2) Moreover, youngsters taking to T20 in a bigway would make them technically incorrect and misfit in the longer version of the game. We have to find a balance.
3) T20 format of the game is to just make money.
4) the 50-over game is still very well supported around the world so we should not cannibalise it.
5) the connoisseurs tell us that Test cricket is the main attraction, then 50-overs and then Twenty20. We’re very conscious of preserving the traditional forms of the game.”
6) in 20-20 cricket is it not always the better team that wins the game and I believe that the biggest draw for supporters are winning teams.
7) The shorter the version of cricket the smaller the gap between top rated teams and novices. the ODI’s are for me a much better format if we could sort out the rain problem. PJ Lim
8) In an ODI we have to bat 50 overs, so ten wickets is must. In Twenty20 just 20 overs, then why ten wickets? So batting team should select any six to bat, only 5 wkts will be enough. Now it is only batsman dominating game. If we give 5 wkts to allout, both ball and bat get equal oppurtunity.
9) i feel twenty20 has done only good to cricket. it actually brought new genaration kids to take interest to cricket.so more and more people watch it …even test matches and fifty-fifty matches as well.
10) Twenty20 is not a game to display ones complete skill and competence
11) .In this form bowlers cannot do further. All Rounder and Hard hitter batmen will do everything.Hard batmen like Sehwagh, Shahid Afridi, Yuvi, Ricky Ponting, Kevin Peterson etc will treat bowlers like eating like fruit.
12) it had threatened real art & technique of cricket. of course, in today’s fast world, no one has time to sit five days to finish game. shortest version is fun, lots of adrenaline pumping, exciting but makes no sense the way players going to play. one sided for batters at cost of bowlers.
13) In 20-20 cricket,any batsman or bowler can shine with or without their efforts.The main aim is to strike each & every ball so that you can score as many runs as possible.There is no question of settling & planning the game.In general,it can be called as a mad game.
14) 20-20 cricket is cricket on ramp.the spectators will see 22 cricketers on show in 3 hours.before their cricketing skills are shown the match will be over.Better see 50-50 matches on fast forward.
15) From the spectator point of view it is Highly entertaining – flourish of Runs, lots of 4’s and 6’s and flamboyant, aggressive and arrogant batting, But on the flip side, it has the potential to wreck havoc for One Day Internationals..
16) ODI checks temperament of a player. An ODI champ is the one who balances his skills with the character.