Administration and Management Essay Sample
- Word count: 915
- Category: entrepreneurs
A limited time offer!
Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
Administration and Management Essay Sample
What, in your opinion, is the viewpoint of the authors on working ethically? Working ethically according to the reading means; using the inner guiding moral principles, values, and beliefs you have to analyze or interpret a situation and then decide what is the right or appropriate way to behave. In my opinion, the authors viewpoint on working ethically is, when a person have to act in a certain way to help another person or a group for the sake of their job even when it is against his/her self-interest.
Prepare a written response for one of the “Topics for Discussion and Action” at the end of Chapter 5. Why do workers who test positive for HIV sometimes get discriminated against? Discrimination is based on a person’s perception about the other party and it also depends on the level or condition of the person affected. There are so many ways HIV virus can be transferred from one person to the other and everyone wants to be extra careful not to acquire any virus. In the course of working with employees who are detected HIV positive, all other employee want to be careful so they don’t receive the virus from them. In other ways some people have prejudice against them based on other experiences.
1. What are the components of global environment?
There are external and internal factors of global environment
1. Internal factor , these involve (5M’s)
* material and
1. External factors, these include macro factor and micro factors. Macro factors are the one that affect the organization indirectly, these are (pestle) * Political
* Technological and
While micro factors are those which affect the organization directly it involves
* Suppliers and
2. Explain why the ability to perceive, interpret, and respond appropriately to the global environment is crucial for managerial success. According to dictionary definition, to perceive means: to recognize, discern, envision, or understand. When what is recognized is interested the appropriate way in the business and measures are taken accordingly, it improves the overall growth of the company and this is not expected of any other persons, but mostly managers and administrators who lead the day to day affairs of the company.
1. Prepare a written response for one of the “Topics for Discussion and Action” at the end of Chapter 7. What is the difference between entrepreneurship and intraprenureship? Entrepreneur is starting a business while intraprenuer is developing a new product in an already existing business. An entrepreneur takes substantial risk in being the owner and operator of a business with expectations of financial profit and other rewards that the business may generate. On the contrary, an intrapreneuer is an individual employed by an organization for remuneration, which is based on the financial success of the unit he is responsible for. Section II
Choose one of the scriptures listed relative to authority and describe how it relates to you and your work. Ephesians 6:5-9
5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. 6 Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart. 7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, 8 because you know that the Lord will reward each one for whatever good they do, whether they are slave or free.9 And masters, treat your slaves in the same way. Do not threaten them, since you know that he who is both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with him. God knows why he makes everything happen in different ways that is why we are encouraged to stand still in all situations we find ourselves. When we are able to humble ourselves under authority regardless of where we find ourselves, in this way we automatically learn how to lead others because we never know when we will become leaders and if that happens we would expect them to respect us too. Section III
What is integrity and what does the Bible tell us about it?
According to dictionary definition, integrity is the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness. In my own words, it is who you are when nobody is around you. “It is not because of your righteousness or your integrity that you are going in to take possession of their land; but on account of the wickedness of these nations, the LORD your God will drive them out before you, to accomplish what he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.” (Deuteronomy 9:4-6 NIV) 3. What “idols” might a manager select (in the context of this article) in carrying out the managerial role? An idol can be anything a person pays much attention to in life, in other words the things we become addicted to, become idols. When we spend most of our time on material things, jobs, and people, we are not able to even serve God; “Therefore speak to them and tell them, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: When any of the Israelites set up idols in their hearts and put a wicked stumbling block before their faces and then go to a prophet, I the LORD will answer them myself in keeping with their great idolatry” (Ezekiel 14:4). 4.