An extract composition derived from the peel of a banana and the method for producing the extract composition. An aqueous solvent is combined with the peel of a banana. If the banana is unripe, a base is also added. The mixture is homogenized and allowed to react at least until a black supernatant appears. The entire slurry is filtered. The resulting extract is used alone or combined with a cream or ointment. Medicinal benefits of the extract include relief from pain, swelling, itching, bruising, wrinkles, and sunburn. Banana peels, Conductive Silver Headache Bands, and Biotape will help the body connect the broken circuits that are the underlying cause of pain. Whenever or wherever you hurt, apply the inside of banana peel held in place with tape or an ace bandage. It will amaze you how much it helps. — Darrell Stoddard
* Organic matter is the peel’s principal constituent. Proteins account for 0.9 percent by weight of the peel, lipids are 1.7 percent, carbohydrates are 59.1 percent and crude fiber is 31.7 percent. This composition makes the peel a good animal feedstock. Minerals
* Potassium is the mineral with the highest concentration, comprising 0.078 percent by weight of the peel, according to studies by Nigerian scientists. Potassium regulates body fluids and blood pressure. Manganese has a slightly lower concentration in the peel, with 0.076 percent. This mineral aids bone and cartilage formation. The calcium concentration is 0.019 percent, sodium is 0.024 percent and iron is 0.00061 percent. The presence of trace amounts of phosphorus together with the potassium make banana peels an excellent garden fertilizer. Carbon
* When heated, the organic content of banana peels breaks down to its constituent carbon and gases to produce banana charcoal. The product originated in Uganda to substitute dwindling wood supplies as a cooking fuel. Pectin
* Pectin is a gelling agent used in jam and confectionery production. It is sourced mostly from citrus fruit and apples. Banana peels contain a smaller amount of pectin than citrus fruits but more than sugar beets. Anti-Nutrients
* Anti-nutrients are substances that are poisonous to humans and animals. Hydrogen cyanide concentration in a banana peel is 0.0013 percent by weight and well within the safety limit. Oxalates, which cause kidney diseases, are present at a low, safe level of 0.00051 percent. Saponins have a high 24 percent concentration. These compounds can cause paralysis of the sensory system and inhibit growth in swine and poultry. The saponin content must be removed if the peel is destined for animal feed. Tannin
* Dried banana peels have 30 to 40 percent tannin content. This substance is used to treat and blacken leather. Fresh banana peels are an efficient shoe polisher.
Read more: Components of a Banana Peel | eHow.com
http://www.ehow.com/info_10033568_components-banana-peel.html#ixzz2BCnsJKrf About 91.50 percent of a banana peel is organic nutrient matter consisting of lipids, proteins, crude fiber and carbohydrates. About 31.70 percent of total mass is fiber with carbohydrates accounting for 59 percent and protein and lipids accounting for 0.9 and 1.7 percents respectively. The high fiber content is useful as a natural laxative. to make ink
( boiling peelings and iron-nails in water and some vinegar: the tannic acid reacts with the iron> black coloured solution ).
Lemon peel may benefit acne. The website 2 Step Acne Cure recommends the following treatment: Wash and grate the outer skin of four to eight lemons into a bowl. Cut the lemons in half, squeeze all the juice into the bowl, then mix the juice and the lemon peel together. Pour the solution into a bottle and store in a dry place. To use, shake the bottle well and apply an appropriate amount to the face, gently massage it in a circular motion into the acne area. Leave the solution on for four to five minutes; the skin will tingle as the solution seeps deep into pores. Rinse and let the skin dry for 30 minutes before applying any skin care product to the face. Use this treatment once a day, in the morning or at night.