Appendix C Rhetorical Modes Matrix Essay Sample
- Pages: 2
- Word count: 385
- Rewriting Possibility: 99% (excellent)
- Category: rhetoric
Get Full Essay
Get access to this section to get all help you need with your essay and educational issues.Get Access
Introduction of TOPIC
Rhetorical modes are methods for effectively communicating through language and writing. Complete the following chart to identify the purpose and structure of the various rhetorical modes used in academic writing. Provide at least two tips for writing each type of rhetorical device.
NOTE: You may not copy and paste anything directly from the textbook or a web site. All information included in this assignment must be written in your own words.
Purpose – Explain when or why each rhetorical mode is used.Structure – Identify the organizational method that works best with each rhetorical mode. Tips – Provide two tips for writing in each rhetorical mode. NarrationThe art of telling stories.Usually in chronological order, which events are told in the order in which they occurred
1. A plot summary can help you create a chronological outline. 2. Start with a strong intro to hook your reader into wanting to continue reading.
Clearly demonstrates and supports a point through the use of evidence.Order of importance: arranges ideas according to their significance
1. Use evidence that is appropriate to your topic as well as your audience. 2. Vary the phrases of illustration you used, it is critical when trying to keep readers engaged DescriptionTo make sure your audience is fully immersed in the words on the page by using sensory details.Spatial Order, depending on the writer, descriptions could go from top to bottom or left to right.
1. Avoid “empty” descriptors if possible. 2. Use spatial order to organize your descriptive writing. ClassificationTo break broad subjects down into smaller, more manageable, and more specific partsOrganized by breaking it down into subcategories
1. Choose topics you know well when writing this type of essays. 2. Make sure you break down your topic at least three different ways. Process analysis
The purpose is to explain how to do something or how something works.In chronological order, step by step instructions on how something is accomplished
1. Always have someone else read it to make sure it makes sense. 2. Always use strong details and clear examples