Audi TV Advert Essay Sample
A limited time offer!
Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
Audi TV Advert Essay Sample
The advert that I have chosen is the advert called “Beauty and the Beasts” which is an advert for the Audi R8 Spyder.
The advertising agency used to make this advert was BBH.
BBH is an advertising agency that was first opened in March 1982. They are independently owned and managed. They can be located in London, New York, Sao Paulo, Singapore, Shanghai and Mumbai. BBH employ 928 people. BBH are best known for their creativity.
The media planning for the Audi R8 Spyder advertisement was done by BBH. The film, shot in London’s ExCel centre, features 28 outlandish, beastlike and heavily modified cars, which are juxtaposed by the elegance and beauty of the R8 Spyder.
The media planning team of the Audi R8 Spyder advert mainly controls how and where the product will be advertised. The channels that they had chosen to advertise on were ITV1, Channel 4 and they were also advertised on Sky Sports. They chose these channels because it targets their target audience and that these are highly watched channels, they also decide which magazine to advertise in.
Designing the adverts
The purpose of the advert was to show how well car handles, how great it looks and to show the power and precision of the 5.2 Quattro V10 engine. At the end if the advert it ends with a closing caption saying “Mirror, Signal, Outmanoeuvre”. This is why the Audi R8 Spyder is shown weaving in and out of the other moving cars. The logo for Audi is also shown in the advert so people already know that what company is advertising the product.
Producing the advertisement
The advert shows the Audi R8 Spyder weaving around other cars. The advert was called “Beauty and the Beasts”. From watching the television advert you see a lot of outlandish, beast like heavily modifies cars which are put next to the elegance and the beauty of the Audi R8 Spyder.
The advert had been shot in the London’s ExCel Centre. It was made up of 16 beast like cars from the UK, 6 imported from California, 3 months of planning, 22 precision drivers, 2500 litres of paint and 3 Audi R8 Spyder’s.
Identifying the target audience
From producing and watching the advertisement made from BBH, they have targeted people who are very wealthy as the car price starts at ï¿½116,660. They also target people who are over the age of 25, the advert shows how fast, agile and how well it handles. As their main target audience is aim at high paid people, footballers are very high on their list as they will like the performance and looks of the car.
Providing public relations activity
Audi use many advertising techniques to show the people what they can do and what they offer, the would use many techniques such as the billboard, making the product stand out and have it positioned where streets are busy. Audi and BBH provide a public relation to attract customers to the product, but with a product such as the Audi R8 Spyder, it has a small target audience and the R8 Spyder will have to be advertised in certain areas such wealthy areas, near premier league football stadiums, and for worldwide public relations, they would advertise in Times Square, New York and Beverly Hills. They get their products aware by having them in showroom windows, and using billboards.
Advantages of using advertising agencies:
* Media availability
* Meeting deadlines
* Unique ideas/creative
Disadvantages of advertising agencies:
* Unfamiliar with the product
* Unclear expectations
* May take longer
* Laws and regulations not considered might lead to bad reputation of the business.
Advantages of using a professional agency
Disadvantages of using a Professional agency
* They know a lot more about advertising and are more professional and know how to choose the appropriate audience for your product and how to market your product at the that specific audience e.g. Audi can choose a target audience such as men to target their cars at and use professional and unique things such as engine parts that are in the car which the audience would immediately recognise and be interested in
* Advertising agencies know a range of ways to advertise and have a lot of media availability e.g. billboards, radio, T.V and posters to help Audi create awareness of a new car or service that they offer and the advantage of this is that they have more knowledge on how they can use these media availability options than Audi and are more skilled
* Advertising agencies are also better at meeting deadlines for specific adverts and advertising new cars or services at a particular time of year e.g. 4×4 car when it snows and Audi may not have time to meet these advertising deadlines as they are busy doing other things
* Advertising agencies are also more experienced in advertising because they have been doing it for a long time and know how to catch the attention of the audience and present ideas in a unique way and Audi have very little experience in advertising as they are a car company e.g. Advertising agencies can make Audi’s cars look interesting and unique than any other company
* Advertising agencies are also a lot more creative and good at creating unique ideas than Audi because they have more background knowledge on how to advertise a product or service in a unique way that creates market awareness whereas Audi has little background knowledge on how to advertise and would probably make their cars look boring and uninteresting to the audience
* The disadvantages of using advertising agencies is that they tend to be very costly depending on what type of advertising method you choose but television tends to be the most expensive and this means that Audi may not be able to afford the cost of advertising e.g. television is the most effective for cars but may be too expensive
* The advertising agency may be unfamiliar with the product and would probably not know where to begin with advertising Audi’s cars because they may not have experience with it or may find it difficult when advertising a car e.g. Audi’s R8 may be difficult to advertise because it is an expensive high performance sports car that would only appeal to a particular target audience who have a lot of money and enjoy racing which makes it difficult to target a wide range of audiences
* The advertising agencies may also have unclear expectations from Audi on what they want to achieve because Audi has explained it in way that the advertising agency would not understand e.g. Audi may want to advertise in all media availability methods but the advertising agency may struggle because they are unsure on how to do this because it would be difficult to advertise using all methods
* Advertising agencies may also take longer to get the advertisement out to the public and not meet the deadlines of Audi because they have other advertisements that need to be done and would not meet the deadlines of Audi which would create problems e.g. the advertising agencies may be making an advert for Mercedes and at the same time be creating an advert for Audi and would depend on who asked to make the advert first
* Advertising agencies also manage to create an advert of much better quality than Audi because of the resources they have at their disposal e.g. professional printers that can create great looking posters whereas Audi may create an inferior advertisement and would look less appealing to the audience
* Laws and regulations not considered might lead to bad reputation of the business so the advertising agency would struggle and could create an advertisement that is offensive to the public because it has not been approved by the government and would create a bad image for Audi e.g. the advertising agency could accidentally put a song that has bad language in it and would have negative feedback from the public