The case “avoiding the alignment trap in information Technology” is concerned with application of information technology in different manufacturing and service companies in order to integration of all the department like production ,R&D, marketing ,human resource ,logistics, finance for Facilitates planning, Encourages Decentralization , brings Co ordination, makes control easier, assembles, process , stores , Retrieves , evaluates and Disseminates the information. Case discussed about how company can get high effectiveness and high efficiency stage from various stages like maintenance zero, alignment trap, well oiled IT. it also include the various company strategy for choosing better IT projects .they emphasized on investing in effectiveness, emphasized simplicity ,right sourcing capabilities, creating end to end accountability for better IT projects for attainment of objective of company. Objectives
1. The company must attain the objective of effectiveness in technology and alignment of the desired objective.
2. How company can be IT enabled in given budget.
3. How company can work their projects on deadline.
4. How company can edge over their competitors by using IT technology.
5. How company can reduce the complexity of the system in it technology.
6. Company must concentrate on completeness and quality of the IT projects.
7. Company can expand and diversify with help of IT also known as breaking business barrier. Key issue
The key issue is that company has to work in the direction to achieve IT enabled growth. it may be achieved though considering various parameter like quality, time ,money, simplicity, information etc. Recommendation
If company do not have competency on IT technology so they may outsource the development of IT project to the professional IT companies like in India. There must be clear objective of the company so they may provide correct information to the IT companies….