Billing System Essay Sample
- Pages: 8
- Word count: 2,197
- Rewriting Possibility: 99% (excellent)
- Category: computer
Get Full Essay
Get access to this section to get all help you need with your essay and educational issues.Get Access
Introduction of TOPIC
TEAM GROUP – 04
-ANIL KUMAR ANJANA
-BHAIYA LAL ANJANA
– Ms JYOTI KHURANA
(Lecturer of MCA)Table Content
3) Project category
4) Types of Reports
5) Technologies and tools
7) Future scope
8) Analysis of Present System
9) Problem of Existing System
10)Characteristic of Proposed System
i. Need for Feasibility Study
ii. Technical Feasibility
iii. Behavioral Feasibility
iv. Economic Feasibility
v. Product Perspective
12)Data flow diagram
13)Entity Relation Diagram
The project “Billing system” is an application to automate the process of ordering and billing of a “Departmental store” .This web based application is designed considering the chain of departmental store which is located in various cities. This application also administrates its users and customers.
This project will serve the following objectives:-
1 Add and maintain records of available products.
2 Add and maintain customer details.
3 Add and maintain description of new products.
4 Add and maintain new entered category of products.
5 Provides economic/financial reports to the owner monthly or weekly and yearly.
6 Provides a convenient solution of billing pattern.
7 Make an easy to use environment for users and customers.
3. Project category
The project is based on the concept of RDBMS (i.e. Relational Database Management System).
“ A database which store data in the form of tables which has related with each other in as particular manner ”.
4.Types of reports
1. Daily Sales Report
2. Monthly Customer Report
3. Daily Product Report
4. Due Date Report (Report of a particular Day)
5. Billing Report
5.Technologies and Tools
1 Web Technology: Asp.net (Microsoft visual studio 2005 framework 2.0) 2
Database: MySQL Server-2005
3 Development Tool: MS Visual Studio 2005
4 Web Server: IIS
5 Web browser: Internet Explorer service pack 1
7 Others: Themes, CSS
– AMD processors 4000+ series
– RAM 1 GB DDR2
-Windows XP with service pack 2
1 This project will help the store keeper in fast billing
2 This project enable store keeper to maintain a great database of all customers visited and purchase product from store.
3 Project will enable to see report regarding product and category.
4 Easy to maintain in future prospect.
8.ANALYSIS OF PRESENT SYSTEM
Before we begin a new system it is important to study the system that will be improved or replaced (if there is one). We need to analyze how this system uses hardware, software, network and the people resources to convert data resources, such as transaction data, into information products, such as reports and displays. Thus we should document how the information system activities of input, processing, output, storage and control are accomplished.
9.PROBLEM OF EXISTING SYSTEM
1. Inability of modification of data: The managing of huge data effectively and efficiently for efficient results, storing the details of the consumers etc. in such a way that the database can be modified as not possible in the current system.
2. Not user friendly: The existing system is not user friendly because the retrieval and storing of data is slow and data is not maintained efficiently.
3. Difficulty in reports generating: Either no reports generating in a current system or they are generated with great difficulty reports take time to generate in the current system.
4. Manual operator control: Manual operator control is there and lead to a lot of chaos and errors.
5. Lot of paperwork: Existing system requires lot of paper work and even a small transaction require many papers fill. Moreover any unnatural cause (such as fire in the organization) can destroy all data of the organization. Loss of even a single paper led to difficult situation because all the papers are interrelated.
6. Inability of sharing the data: Data cannot be shared in the existing system. This means that no two persons can use the same data in existing system. Also the two departments in an organization cannot interact with each other without the actual movement of data. 7. No support in decision-making: Existing system does not support managerial decision-making.8. No support in strategic competitive advantage: Existing system do not support strategic competitive advantages.
10.CHARACTERSTIC OF THE PROPOSED SYSTEM
1. Easiness in modification of data: The proposed system provides managing of huge data effectively and efficiently for efficient results, storing the details of the customers, employees etc. in such a way that the database can be modified.
2. User friendly: The proposed system is user friendly because the retrieval and storing of data is fast and data is maintained efficiently. Moreover the graphical user interface is provided in the proposed system, which provides user to deal with the system ver
y easily. 3. Reports are easily generated: Reports can be easily
5. No or very few paperwork: The proposed system either does not require paper work or very few paper works is required. All the data is feted into the computer immediately and various bills and reports can be generated through computers. Since all the data is kept in a database nodata of the organization can be destroyed. Moreover work becomes very easy because there is no need to keep data on papers.
6. Support strategic competitive advantage: Proposed system supports strategic competitive advantages. Since the proposed systems provide easiness in reports generating it will provide strategic advantages among competitors.
7. Computer operator control: Computer operator control will be there no errors. Moreover storing and retrieving of information is easy. So work can be done speedily and in time.
Title: Feasibility report for the computerization of the various activities of the company.
Background: The Company facing the problem of inconsistent and out of time information in its activities. Very much time is consuming for report generation, which is not very helpful for decision making. So we want a system, which provide immediate information.
Method of study: The analysis procedure comprised of field trips in the various departments of the company. The following documents and sources were looked up:
· The purchase order that contain items to be purchased.
· The accounts register.
· Purchase order issues to vendors.
· Bills receive from vendors.· Bills give to the customers.
· Purchase return forms (if any ) give to vendors.
NEED FOR FEASIBILITY STUDY
The feasibility study is carried out to test whether the proposed system is worth being implemented. Feasibility study is a test of system proposed regarding its work ability, its impact on the organization ability to meet user needs and effective use of resources. It is usually carried out by a small number of people who are familiar with the information system techniques, understand the part of the business or organization that will be involved or effected by the project and are skilled in the system analysis and design process.
The key consideration involve in the feasibility study are:
Technical feasibility centers on the existing computer system ( hardware, software etc ) and to what extent it can support the proposed system addition. For example, if the current system is operating at 70% capacity ( an arbitrary value ), then another application could overload the system or require additional hardware. If the budget is serious constrain then the project is judged not feasible.
The technologies ant the environment which are used in this project are
1. Language used: ASP.NET. We use this language is supports event driven programming feature.
Supporting Software: SQL Server 2005. This is used to storing data in the form of tables. It is easy to use.
Platform: Windows XP . Our system requires window operating system, which is easily available.
Intel based processor-run computer system, which have keyboard and mouse as input devices. This has been decided for its case of availability and up-gradation.
The various registers maintained at the different department have enough information recording, which will help in digitizing the available data.
An evaluation of the behavior of the end users, which may effect the envelopment of the system. People are inherently resistant to change and computers have to know to facilitate changes and computers have to known to facilitate changes. An estimate should be made of how strong a reaction the user staff is likely to have towards the development of a computerized system. It is a common knowledge that a computer installation hassomething to do with turnover, transfer, retraining and changes in employee job status, therefore the introduction of a candidate system requires special effort to educate, sell and train the staff on new ways of conducting business. The personal of the user organization will be affected by the proposed system. As the aim of the system is only to satisfy the information needs, no employees will loose their position by the proposed system. In fact the proposed system will help the organization in reducing the voluminous work involved. Also the involvement of users in every stage of the project is going to increase the success factor.
The staff in not well educated for running a computerized system. They are adamant in perceiving a mechanical process of working as they have long been used to the manual entry system. This aspect needs considerable amount of attention.
Our system is also feasible for organization because it supports of the organization and its strategic plan.
The procedure is to determine the benefits and savings that are expected from a candidate system and compare it with the costs. If a benefit outweighs costs, then the decision is made to design and implement the system. Otherwise further alterations are made in the proposed system 1. Manpower cost
2. Hardware and software cost12. Data flow diagram
A data flow diagram is graphical representation that depicts the information flow and the transforms that r applied as date moves from input to output. It can be used to represent a software at any level of abstraction. In fact DFDs may be partitioned in to levels. That represents increasing information flow and functional details. DFDs are defined in levels with every level decreasing the level of abstraction as well as defining a greater detail of the functional organs of the system. A zero level DFD also known as context or fundamental system model represents the entire software elements as a single bubble with input and output data entities which are indicated as incoming and outgoing arrows. Data Flow Diagram help understanding the basic flow of data from one process to another process. This 0 level DFD represents fundamental overview of the billing system.This is the 1-Level DFD for the billing system. This provides the detailed of the data flowing in between the processes of the billing system. It is more describes the flow of information. Billing system concern with the customer’s choice of product so there is a Product processing process the order of customer according to the choice. Two another process is there for further processing of the order and customers information in billing system database.
View Customer Record
View products13. Entity Relation Diagram
Entity Relation Diagram represents the object relationship pairs in graphical forms thus we can say that the primary goal of ER diagrams is represent data objects along with their relationships.
ER model for data uses three features to describe data:
· Entities which satisfy distinct real world items in an application · Relationships connecting different entities and representing meaningful dependencies between them
· Attributes which specify various properties of entities and relations involved in a system.
Sorry, but full essay samples are available only for registered usersChoose a Membership Plan