Business and Administration Essay Sample
A limited time offer!
Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
Business and Administration Essay Sample
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 9 pages and is made up of 9 Sections.
Section 1 – Understand how to make and receive telephone calls
1. Complete the table below with descriptions of at least two different features of a telephone system and how / when they would be used.
Feature How / when used Diverting calls This allows you to divert calls to the appropriate person quickly and efficiently. Conference calls This would allow you to speak to a number of people on the same call. This would help if you need a meeting but can’t all get to the
2. Prepare a brief report advising people on:
• How to follow organisational procedures when making and receiving telephone calls • The purpose of giving a positive image of yourself and your organisation when making and receiving telephone calls.
If possible, use specific information from procedures in your own organisation (or one that you are familiar with).
► Be friendly and professional
Always introduce yourself when calling a customer. Let them know who you are and the reason for your phone call. Use professional language
► Be respectful of schedules
Be aware of different time zones if your customers are nationwide.
► Keep interruptions and multi-tasking away
Pick a quiet office away from any interruptions that may occur.
► Be prepared
When you make or receive phone calls, be sure that your work space contains all the information you need to provide to your customer. This may include service brochures, product catalogues, directories, calculators, pen, and paper. You should never put a customer on hold to look for information that should be readily available.
Section 2 – Understand how to handle mail
1. Explain the purpose of correctly receiving, checking and sorting mail and packages (both incoming and outgoing).
2. Complete the table below with the following information:
• At least two examples of internal mail services that are available to organisations • At least two examples of external mail services that are available to organisations
Internal mail services External mail services 1. 1. 2. 2.
3. Describe two methods that you can use to calculate postage charges for mail and / or packages.
Section 3 – Understand how to use different types of office equipment
1. Describe the main types of equipment found in offices and how they are
used. Include examples of at least three different types of office equipment.
2. Explain the purpose of following manufacturer’s instructions when using equipment.
3. Explain the purpose of keeping equipment clean, hygienic and ready for the next user.
Section 4 – Understand how to keep waste to a minimum in a business environment
1. Explain why waste should be kept to a minimum in a business environment.
2. Identify at least two main causes of waste in a business environment.
3. How can you keep waste to a minimum in a business environment? Describe at least two ways of doing this.
Section 5 – Know how to make arrangements for meetings
1. Complete the table below listing at least two different types of meetings and describing the main features of each type of meeting.
Type of meeting Main features
2. When arranging a meeting:
• What sources and types of information are typically needed? • How should meetings be arranged?
Section 6 – Understand procedures for organising travel and accommodation arrangements
1. Explain the purpose of confirming instructions and requirements for business travel and accommodation.
2. Complete the table below with an outline of the main types of business travel and accommodation arrangements that may need to be made and the procedures that should be followed when doing this.
Travel and accommodation arrangements Procedures
3. Explain the purpose of keeping records of travel / accommodation arrangements in a business environment.
Section 7 – Understand diary management procedures
1. Briefly explain the purpose of using a diary system to plan activities at work. Give at least two reasons.
2. Identify the information needed to maintain a diary system in the workplace.
Section 8 – Understand the purpose of delivering effective customer service and how to do so
1. What are the differences between internal and external customers in a business environment?
2. Explain why customer service should meet or exceed customer expectations. Include at least three reasons in your answer.
3. Explain the importance of building positive relationships with customers. Outline two ways in which this can be achieved.
4. How do customers demonstrate their own needs and expectations?
Section 9 – Understand the purpose of reception services and how to follow reception procedures
1. What is the purpose of the receptionist role as the first point of contact in a business environment?
2. Describe how a receptionist can present a positive image of themselves and the organisation and explain why this is important.
3. In relation to your own organisation (or one that you are familiar with), explain what must be done when carrying out entry, departure, security and confidentiality procedures in a reception area.
Once you have completed all 9 Sections of this Assessment, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your work to your tutor for marking.