Day 9 and 10 Purpose Driven Life Essay Sample
- Pages: 3
- Word count: 637
- Rewriting Possibility: 99% (excellent)
- Category: god
Get Full Essay
Get access to this section to get all help you need with your essay and educational issues.Get Access
Introduction of TOPIC
Day 9- What Makes God Smile
“May the Lord smile on you…” -Numbers 6:25 (NLT)
“Smile on me, your servant; teach me the right way to live.” – Psalm 119:135 (Msg)
* The smile of God is the goal of your life. But how can we make the Lord smile?
* Five Acts of Worship that Noah Demonstrated that Made God Smile
* God smiles when we love Him supremely.
* Matthew 22:37-38 “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.”
* God smiles when we trust Him completely.
* What God wants from you is a relationship.
* Trusting is an act of worship.
* Hebrews 11:6 “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”
* God smiles when we obey Him wholeheartedly.
* Wholehearted obedience is done joyfully, with enthusiasm. * John 14:15 “If you love me, you will obey my commandments.”
* God smiles when we praise and thank Him continually.
* We enjoy what God has done for us, and when we express that enjoyment to God, it brings him joy—but it also increases our joy. * Psalm 68:3 “The righteous are glad and rej
oice in His presence; they are happy and shout for joy.” * God
* God enjoys watching every detail of your life.
* Psalm 37:23 “The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.”
Day 10- The Heart of Worship
“Give yourselves to God… Surrender your whole being to Him to be used for righteous purposes.” – Romans 6:13 (TEV)
* The heart of worship is surrender.
* True worship—bringing God pleasure—happens when you give yourself completely to God. * Can I trust God?
* Trust is an essential ingredient to surrender.
* The more you realize how much God loves you, the easier surrender becomes. * Admitting our limitations.
* W. Tozer said “The reason why many are still troubled, still seeking, still making little forward progress is because they haven’t yet come to the end of themselves. We’re still trying to give orders, and interfering with God’s work within us. * We aren’t God and never will be.
* What it means to surrender
* Sacrificing your life or suffering in order to change what needs to be changed. * C. S. Lewis said “The more we let God take us over, the more truly ourselves we become – because He made us. He invented us. He invented all the different people that you and I were intended to be… It is when I turn to Christ, when I give up myself to His personality, that I first begin to have a real personality of my own.” * Psalm 37:7a (GWT) “Surrender yourself to the Lord, and wait patiently for Him.” * The blessings of surrender
* Job 22:21 (NIV) “Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you.”
* William Booth said “The measure of a man’s power is in the measure of his surrender.” * The best way to live
* Surrender is not the best way to live; it is the only way to live. Nothing else works. * Luke 9:23 (NCV) “Jesus said to all of them, “If people want to follow me, they must give up the things they want. They must be willing to give up their lives daily to follow me.”