OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
* To study reasons the Employee Absenteeism in IT industry.
* To analyse the
* To come up with recommendations and to ensure focusing on the issue of eliminating, or at least reducing, unnecessary levels of absence.
* Study and evaluate the employee absenteeism in IT Industry. * Study the existing ratio of employee absenteeism in IT Industry. * Discussion of the existing systems with the HR Department. * Drawing up the questionnaire to be filled by staff members and administering the same. * Secondary Data to be gathered from Records.
* Analysis and interpretations of the findings.
* Recommendations to be given.
Review of Literature
Surname , surname name (2012) in his study on “topic” discussed that THEORATICAL FRAMEWORK
Absence control can often be an important step in the process of reducing business costs. Because of competitive pressures, companies can no longer afford to carry unnecessary absence That they may have tolerated in the past. Therefore, many companies are focusing on the issue of eliminating, or at least reducing, unnecessary levels of absence. Absence affects more than just the person who is absent. The absent employees themselves and their dependants may have a reduced income as a result of absence, besides incurring possible additional medical expenses. Employers are affected by direct costs such as sick pay, overtime and staff replacement costs, plus the indirect costs associated with the effects of absence on, for example, production and quality, management time and the potential loss of customers. The co-workers of an absent employee may have to work under increased pressure, in order to meet deadlines.
TYPES OF EMPLOYEE ABSENTEEISM
Absence from work
* Unplanned absence
* Industrial disputes
* Health incapacity leave
* Work related injury/illness
* Sick leave
* Special leave
* Planned absence
* Study leave
* Long service
The Data for this research project will be conducted through a survey. The survey will be conducted with the help of a questionnaire and the questionnaire will be filled by the users across various departments.
SOURCE OF DATA COLLECTION: Primary Data Collection through survey and Secondary data through Internet. After the questionnaire was framed it was verified by the Industry guide and faculty guide and also other experts in the organization. This was to check any redundancies, unnecessary and duplicate questions. Also any changes, suggestions and recommendations were to be accommodated before the questionnaire was circulated to the respondents. The respondents were given clear instructions before filling the questionnaire to avoid errors.