Gender and Sex Worksheet Essay Sample
- Pages: 2
- Word count: 521
- Rewriting Possibility: 99% (excellent)
- Category: gender
Get Full Essay
Get access to this section to get all help you need with your essay and educational issues.Get Access
Introduction of TOPIC
What is gender? What is sex in biological terms? Are gender and sex the same thing? Explain why or why not? *
* According to “Eldis” (2013), “’Gender’ refers to the socially constructed roles of and relations between men and women. , while ‘Sex’ refers to biological characteristics which define humans as female or male.” (1) Gender and sex are similar but they are not the same thing because a person can have the sexual characteristics of a man but still have the gender of a woman e.g. transgender. According to Lesbian & Gay Community Services Center, Inc. (2013),”Transgender,” at its most basic level, is a word that applies to someone who doesn’t fit within society’s standards of how a woman or a man is supposed to look or act e.g. “Transgender” may be used to describe someone who was assigned female at birth but later realizes that label doesn’t accurately reflect who they feel they are inside. This person may now live life as a man, or may feel that their gender identity can’t be truly summed up by either of the two options we’re usually given (male or female).
p style="text-align: justify;">How do gender and sex contribute to the concepts and constructions of
* According to Planned Parenthood (2013) gender and sex contribute to the concepts and constructions of masculinity and femininity in many ways. Gender and sex concepts and constructions of masculinity and feminity of being able to tell the difference between the two. They show them as being completely different like males being the protector and the ladies as being caring and emotional. Whether you are a male or female is not determined just by our sex organs.
Do our concepts of gender and sex contribute to the ways we embrace gender and sex in diversity? *
* Yes, I think that our concepts of gender and sex contribute to the ways we embrace gender and sex in diversity. I think that we look at males in one way and females in another, as a society we expect men to be the ones that are tough, and brave and look at women as being emotional and kind-hearted. When it could very well be the other way around. Some men are just as emotional as women if not more at times. Men tend not to show their sensitive side because in society men are expected to be unemotional and have a harder exterior.
Do our concepts of gender and sex contribute to our understanding of sexual orientation? Explain. *
* Yes, I think that our concepts of gender and sex contribute to our understanding of sexual orientation in many ways.We have a understanding of what each gender is and what they provide, causing us to make a decision on who we want to be with in life. Sexual orientation is the affectional or loving attraction to another person. It can be considered as ranging along a continuum from same-sex attraction only at one end of the continuum to opposite-sex attraction only at the other end.
Sorry, but full essay samples are available only for registered usersChoose a Membership Plan