Illustration Essay Topics List08 Jun 2018
What is an Illustration Essay?
Each type of essay has its peculiarities and singularities. An illustration essay is chosen by people to create a picture in the reader’s mind and, of course, to deliver the proper and exact message. That’s why this genre of writing it rarely or even never compared to the science, compare and contrast, or argumentative essays. This type of essay shows and interprets the specific situation, person or object by giving certain examples and different details to make the reader understand the selected topic broader.
This type of paper has five basic steps of how to write.
Step1. Select what will be the object of your writing and write the best thesis statement that can catch and impress your professor or the auditorium. Also, help listeners or readers to understand the main purpose of the topic ahead. Decide on three keywords which will help you explain the specific idea. That is what we call the thesis statement.
Step 2. Here you can be happy because you’re almost done with the introduction. Continue sharing thoughts with the reader and explaining why exactly this topic is important to you and have to be essential for him/her as well. The only thing left is the hook sentence. Usually, people write it in the very beginning, before the thesis statement, but it wouldn’t be a mistake if you’ll write it at the beginning of the next paragraph (in the premier one). You can write a quote, poetry line, joke, statistics, and fact. That is very important to write it because here the reader decides whether to continue reading or not.
Step 3. Outline the whole text in order not to get lost in your thoughts.
Step 4. It is the easiest step in the essay writing. The writer must mention three points explaining why he chose the exact description or picture to the example at the beginning of each sentence, and then support it with the meaningful evidence retrieved from the research.
Step 5. After finishing the text check it twice on grammar mistakes, punctuation, and plagiarism
How to Choose a Good Illustration Essay Topic?
It isn’t a secret that any writer has to be up-to-day and relevant. To succeed in writing and make the paper memorable you need to be more original.
As a good variant – watch the news. There you can always see things that will be important for people to read. Besides, there you can find only good examples of the topic.
Also, you may ask classmates about what things they are most of all interested in. Or, look carefully what things they don’t understand. For example, if you bear in mind that you watched a film that was hard for comprehension by several classmates, pick up this topic and try your best to explain it to them.
Try writing about uncommon topics, use personal information and don’t be afraid to write about personal beliefs.
Illustration Essay Questions
Here we come to the topics for the illustration essays which are understandable for people.
- Should animals be used in laboratory testing?
- Should marijuana be legalized?
- How to take care of your pet?
- How to plan your diet?
- How is the public transport system in your city?
- Should cigarette smoking be banned?
- Should gay couples be allowed to marry?
A List of Illustration Essay Topics for College Students
- Choosing the proper quotes for the department’s jersey.
- How to make a study schedule for weekends?
- How to choose a major in your sophomore year?
- What can you wear to class this winter?
- The impact of Facebook of relationships.
- Students should always question what they are taught.
- Students should spend at least one semester studying in a foreign country.
- Should you pick courses of interest or ones that fetch good jobs?
Illustration Essay Topics on College
- How can college students develop good study habits?
- Illustrate how a college band prepares for a half-time show?
- Explain the duties of a Resident Assistant in a dorm.
- Explain how to get out of the “friendship zone” with a member of the opposite sex.
- Illustrate the steps of choosing a college to attend.
- Illustrate the best or worst ways to ask someone out on a date.
- Explain the ways that students pay for college.
- Illustrate what your college does to help retain freshman students?
- Explain the traditions your college has at football games.
- Illustrate how to keep a budget as a college student.
- Explain how to develop and keep a good music practice schedule.
- Explain the characteristics, advantages, and disadvantages of dorm life.
Illustration Essay Topics on Careers
- Describe the work of a barista at Starbucks.
- Explain the phrase, “The customer is always right.”
- Describe how a fashion designer creates a line of clothing.
- Explain the job of a buyer for a large department store.
- Illustrate the steps to becoming a pilot or working in the airline industry.
- Show what a fashion designer or interior decorator does.
- Shadow or interview a research scientist. Illustrate what they do in research.
- Illustrate what a teacher does to prepare for teaching every day.
- Illustrate the research and preparation work done by a lawyer or judge.
Illustration Essay Topics on Communities
- Interview a homeless person or someone who works with the homeless and explain what life is like for them every day.
- Illustrate the history and significance of an important building in your hometown.
- Why do people smoke? Describe the life of a smoker.
- Explain how a woman can use self-defense to protect herself.
- Explain the characteristics of a particular form of music, such as Rap, Indie, Punk, Blue Grass, or Electronica.
- Describe a landmark or historical place in your hometown or near your college. Tell the history and why this is important for people to remember.
- Visit a museum in person or online and illustrate the experience in detail.
- Pick a famous news story from the past and explain what situation took place and why.
- Explain the steps of an investigation into a murder case.
- Describe how an autopsy is done.
Illustration Essay Topics on Sports
- Show how to do a baton handoff in a track race.
- The way to through a ball.
- Explain your favorite type of swimming.
- The extraordinary sport games.
- How can you imagine the football practice? How to get ready for that game?
- The importance of the team work.
- The scheme of playing golf.
- What do you know about the college sport?
- The specificity of rugby. How to play that game?
- What are crucial things for playing hokey?
- What are the best competitions for the starters?
Illustration Essay Examples
If you want to make a good essay, you need to have great examples. Read a lot before writing. But where can you get those examples? Here are places to find some ideas:
Personal observation: Observation means everything that you can see, smell, taste, hear and touch. While doing this take notes and make vivid descriptions.
Interviews: You can also ask people about your topic, they can tell you good examples and own stories. If you want to get the biggest amount of information after these conversations, make questions before. Don’t forget to make notes or record the interview to help you not forget essential details.
are Cataloged Well