* Any company that is legal
* Any company but choose one that is very unique and interesting to read * Any company from any country, but companies from developing and transition countries are better. * Any company, size does not matter, smaller companies are better in fact * Any company, technological advancement is not important, but companies with advanced technologies are better * Use theories to explain the internationalisation(Findings) * Use Dunning Eclectic Paradigm (OLI) definitely.
* Use Learning Theories of Internationalisation definitely. * Choose at least on from Vernon’s PLC, Porter’s Diamond and Network Theories of Internationalisation * This means you need to cover at least three theories. * At the end of the coursework(Reference)
* Advice the company to internationalise to another country that they are not operating at this moment * Advice them an entry form such as foreign direct investment, exporting (direct, indirect) and licensing. * Advice them if possible a series of international expansion possibilities. One location following another such as. If they build a factory in Mexico, they can use this to export to Latin American countries as well as US and Canada. * Structure of the Coursework
* A short introduction that explains the company that you have chosen and the motive for internationalisation. * This should be followed by theories of internationalisation that you will explain and apply to your company. For example if you are using Dunning eclectic paradigm then it is expected that you should have a section on the ownership, location advantages and internalisation. Also you should discuss the entry mode according to decision making framework that has been explained within the lecture. The Uppsala school of internationalisation however should explain and apply establishment chain, psychic distance and diversification. The establishment chain should have 2 state and 2 change elements into it. So I should remind you that I know the theories but would like to see how you have applied them within the companies. * The last section of the coursework should explain your recommendations. * Important and Useful Advices
* The coursework is related to application of the theories rather than explaining me the theories again. Please just explain the application of them. * Key and most important points in the theories such as Dunning eclectic paradigm: ownership advantage, location advantage and internalisation, decision making framework, export, FDI and licensing are key phrases that you may want to mark them as bold within the text. This will help the reader. * Do not explain the company too much and should remind you that such analysis like SWOT, five forces and etc… will not be helpful for this coursework. You should concentrate on the theories of internationalisation.