1. It is called the “BRAIN” of the computer.
2. It is a memory type that is non-volatile and the data in them can’t be change and the data in the chips can only be read and used. 3. It is a device that accepts data and instructions from the user. 4. It contains the intelligence of the machine and it is where calculation and decision take place. 5. The function of this is to perform the arithmetic and logic instructions that encounters by the other part. 6. This key let you change the position of the cursor on the screen. 7. It is commonly used for electronic signature or messages that are stored and transmitted as a graphic image. 8. It is the most important because they are output devices that people interact with most intensively. 9. It provides hardcopy on what you’ve seen in your monitor. 10. It is the physical components of the computer.
11. It is a collection of switches, albeit neatly hidden beneath keycaps. 12. It is a part of the keyboard that looks like a typewriter is arranged the same way on virtually every keyboard. 13. These are monitor that is commonly used in notebook computers. 14. It refers to the set of instructions written in code that computer can understand and executed. 15. It refers to computer components and recording media that retain digital. 16. This printer that create an image directly on paper by spraying ink through as many as 64 tiny nozzle. 17. The familiar compact disk is popular medium for storing music. 18. It contains programs that perform task needed for computer hardware to function efficiently. 19. It enhances the OS by allowing the user to control the allocation and use of the hardware resources. 20. It assists you in creating, editing, designing and printing documents.
21. These are programs that are designed for a specific computer application. 22. The function of this is to coordinate all the computer’s activities. 23. It is a memory type that is volatile; the data in them can be change. 24. Its function is to hold a piece of information while it works with them. 25. It is a device that returns data, that is, information back to the user. 26. It is a part of the keyboard that is arranged in a row along the top of the keyboard; allow you to give the computer commands without typing along string of characters. 27. It is convenient for entering certain type of input.
28. This printer has a print head that travels back and front on a bar from the left edge of the paper to the right. 29. It is part of the keyboard located on the right side of the keyboard, it is the part looks like an adding machine, with its ten digit and mathematical operators. 30. It is called mass-storage device along with tape, optical disk, and other media that can store a great deal of data. 31. It is a type of printer that is more expensive than the other type; their print quality is higher. 32. This computer specialist is assign to create, test, and document programs and work side-by-side with system analyst. 33. This computer specialist is assign to ensure that data is entered correctly, develops procedure for the analysis of data and ensures database security.
34. This software that helps you creates, edit, and manipulate data. 35. This software provides a collection of information and a way to access that information. 36. This software helps organization efficiently accomplish routine task. 37. This software provides tools for combining text, graphics, graphs, animation, and sounds that can be placed into a series of electronic slides, which used during presentation. 38. This software helps you learn and perfect new skills. 39. This software keeps record of monetary transaction and investments. 40. This software includes all sorts of computer games, software toys, and software for hobbies and leisure activities.
1-4Four Components of Computer System
5-8Four Groups of Keys
9-13Five Mouse Operation
14-15Two Types of Memory
16-17Two Types of Monitor
18-20Two Types of Printer
21-23Types of Basic Communication Software
24-26Types of Numeric Analysis Software
27-28Categories of Business Software
29-30Types of Accounting and Finance Software
31-33Three Common Types of Document Production Software
34-37Classification of System Software
38-39Categories of Software
1. It is a combination of thousands of computer networks reaching millions of people all over the world. 2. It is a system used in the Internet for translating name of network nodes into addresses. 3. It is a network topology that connects the nodes of the network in a circular chain. 4. It consist of two copper strands, individually covered in plastic, and then twisted around each other and bound together in another layer of plastic insulation. 5. It is a hierarchical strategy in which one particular computer serves the storage needs – and sometimes is processing needs – of all the network nodes. 6. It is a connection between at least two computers so that they can share resources. 7. It is a network strategy in which computers on the network can act as both a client and a server. 8. It refers to the wires, cable, and other means by which data travels from its source to its destination. 9. It is typically consist of two or more LAN in geographical area. 10. It is the physical layout of the wires that connect the nodes of the network. 11. It is a Network topology that the network places a hub in the center of the network. 12. It is software that interprets hypertext markup language. 13. It allows you to explore seemingly unlimited worldwide digital “WEB” information.
1-3Three Network Topologies
4-6Three Common Communication Media
7-12Common Internet Domain Identifiers
Characteristics of Computer
1. It is electronic
2. It is a machine
3. It has memory
4. It can manipulate data
5. It is automatic
6. It has arithmetic and logic function
* Computer permit easy access to large volumes of data
* Computer perform lengthy operation quickly and accurately
* Computer identify relationships among large amount of data
* Computer-controlled devices go where people cannot.
* Computers can stipulate human performance.
* Computer cannot operate independently
* Computer cannot able to derive meanings from object
* Computers can detect errors but cannot correct them.
* Computers are subject to occasional breakdown.
1. Business (ATM, Credit cards, buying through PC’s)
2. Medicine And Health Care (CAT, MRI, ultrasound, patient’s monitoring, diagnosis illnesses)
3. Education (Calculus)
4. Science And Technology (Prototyping aircraft/spacecraft, satellites)
5. Engineering And Architecture (Computer-Aided Design Machine)
6. Manufacturing (Robotics CAM, CIM)
7. Legal Practice (Lawyers uses database in keeping records)
8. Law Enforcement (DNA, MDT)
9. Government (Bureau of Census, SSS/GSIS, BIR)
10. Music (MDI)
11. Theater And Film (ILM)
12. Computer at Home (Intelligent House)