You are the Co-ordinator of a Community Refuge and manage a team of case workers. Your management committee received a complaint from a client stating that one of your case workers has made a report to child protection services about a protection issue relating to the client’s child. The client claims that the worker breached confidentiality by reporting and had insufficient evidence to report them to protection services. Your management committee have requested a report detailing the situation. The case worker had brought this case to your attention and you have had ongoing supervision and discussions with the case worker. You have seen the case notes and have supported the case worker in making the notification. Answer the following questions based on this case study:
1. From the learning material, list the legislations that are relevant to this case study. Legislations have the word ‘Act’ in the title.
2. From the learning material, list the policies that are relevant to this case study
3. Discuss the information you would give to the case worker during your supervision of this situation.
4. From the learning material, list the rights and responsibilities of the client in this situation.
5. From the learning material, list the rights and responsibilities of the case worker in this situation.
6. Discuss any further action you plan to take.