My Grandmother Essay Sample
- Pages: 6
- Word count: 1,444
- Rewriting Possibility: 99% (excellent)
- Category: family
Get Full Essay
Get access to this section to get all help you need with your essay and educational issues.Get Access
Introduction of TOPIC
- Last summer, I had to go back to Hong Kong for a vacation. I went to an old style Chinese village called Nam San Wai with my friends and saw many farmlands there. Fiery indeed, the sun was scorching then when we saw old fellows playing with their grand children under the heat of the sun. In some corners, there were stores selling tofu desserts. Since summer is the time where foods abound, I had the tofu dessert while thinking about my grandma.
- My grandma is a thin old woman with visible gray hairs. She loves to wear black pants paired with a shirt that is having a mandarin collar. While sitting on an old rocker, she reads news paper everyday with her reading glasses underneath the rays of the sun. She is kind, nice and she always has a big smile on her face. Reminiscing the moments I had with my grandma, I always loved to climb over her laps, trying to give her a big hug, and shout,” Grandma, grandma! Let’s go to the playground!” Then, she will hold me in her arms, give me a kiss, and go to the playground and play. Since young, my grandma was the one who took care of me because my parents were oftentimes busy in their businesses. I lived with my grandma in an old style Chinese village in the suburb. Despite my young memory, I could still remember the time when she brought me to the park and bought me a tofu dessert. The tofu was sweet and its taste was unforgettable. Perhaps, it’s the happy people around that make the tofu sweet.
- Just like any ordinary kid, I was timid and naughty. I used to run around the village with other children and explored to old houses. But I since I was scared then, I always ran back to grandma’s house. Grandma then would comfort me through her smiles. With all the things that I am scared of, grandma actually knows everything. Oftentimes I hear thunders, I would always scream, run to grandma and never let go because for me, grandma is always brave and is afraid of nothing. I know that she can protect me from \everything. Every night, grandma would always tell me stories of all kinds so I can sleep. There stories about fairy tales and there were some that were about the experiences she went through. At the very young age, I was not really able to understand what Grandma was talking about, but I still love to hear her stories.
- Grandma is the perfect character portrayed in the poem, Lineage, by Margaret Walker. “My grandmothers were strong. Their strength is not only drawn from laboring in the fields, but also from memories as rich as the earth they till, and it has enabled them to face difficulties with freedom and ease. And though failures and hardships abound in their experiences, these make their success sweeter and more deserved.”
- When I was seven years young, I moved back to the city because my mother wanted me to have better education in a renowned school. Because of that, my grandmother and I had separate ways.
However, my grandma never failed to visit me once a week and every time she visits, we would always