Power Lab Report Essay Sample
- Pages: 5
- Word count: 1,205
- Rewriting Possibility: 99% (excellent)
- Category: physics
Get Full Essay
Get access to this section to get all help you need with your essay and educational issues.Get Access
Introduction of TOPIC
Purpose: To investigate what physical characteristics of students how it affect the power generated on running up the stairs.
Hypothesis: The student that can generate the highest power would probably be Adam K, because it is so obvious that he’s the most physically fit among every one of us. In addition, he’s muscular and sporty.
Variables and Controls:
Independent Variable: the mass of all the students
Dependent Variable: The force (Fg)
Control: the vertical height of the stairs.
1. I made a table with columns name, Fg(N), Vertical Height (m), Work done, Power, Ranking
2. We measured the height of a one step, and then multiplied it to 14 since the stairs has 14 steps.
3. Then I used the stopwatch to measure how fast Xerxes made it to the top. Then record it on the time column of the table. Then Xerxes timed how long I took to reach the top.
4. Then other partners did just like what we did, they timed each other.
5. After that, we share the data we got.
6. Lastly, I completed the information on the table by computing work done, power, and to get the ranking.
We assured that there is nothing on the stairs that can make us fell as we run up. Like slippery materials, or if it is wet.
I was wearing running shoes, for safety purposes.
Vertical Height (m)
2.66 1929 618
The 5 most powerful:
1. Adam K. – tall, athletic, heavy, strong, fast
2. Adam R. – fast, short, agile
3. Ms. Adair – tall, athletic, heavy, strong, alert
4. Matt- athletic, fast, tall, agile
5. Corrine – heavy, athletic, fast
1. The power output of two students of the same mass could be very different because their power depends upon their rate of doing work. If students A and B have the same, and student A took lesser time on doing work than student B, student A would have greater Power.
2. The power of a strike in karate can be maximize by speeding up every strike. The power of a strike is how fast you can deliver energy to the target.
Sources of error:
– The time could not be accurate; it’s when one started running on late or advance time of the stopwatch. The runner must start at time the timer commands as he hits the stopwatch.
Power is the time rate at which work is done. It is a measure of how fast you exert your energy. In this lab, it is Adam K. who has the largest power. Our physical properties affect the power we can generate. If we are heavy and fast we could generate high power. Because if you are athletic, you can do work in lesser time, as a result there is greater power. Example if you walk or run up the stairs, the power used is greater if you run up the stairs since you took less time.
Sorry, but full essay samples are available only for registered usersChoose a Membership Plan