Problems with a Manual System – The Coffee Company Coffee G Essay Sample
- Pages: 4
- Word count: 970
- Rewriting Possibility: 99% (excellent)
- Category: coffee
Get Full Essay
Get access to this section to get all help you need with your essay and educational issues.Get Access
Introduction of TOPIC
To find out the problems with a manual system I have done some research into the coffee company Coffee G by creating a questionnaire for the manager of Coffee G. By doing this, I can assess the problems of a manual system and solve these problems by introducing the computerised system. A manual system can have problems like when you write the information in books then the books can get lost or torn, you can’t read the information and it can’t be used. People who write the information can also make mistakes and sometimes you can’t read the information and can be mistaken for something else which could affect the business, the consumers will also be unhappy because the process of entering the information into books will be a long and tedious process so therefore the customers will be annoyed and they will loose business.
There are several aspects that were wrong with the manual system. Firstly, the manager seems to think that a manual system is very complicated and hard because the staff have to use their own knowledge of maths to deal with all the calculations. This may lead to large errors in the calculations made by the staff. The errors may disrupt all of the shop’s businesses and cause several issues. For example, if the error is carried out, the shop may face downfalls in business.
There are also a number of items sold in the shop so it is important to keep accurate records so that the amount of goods needed to order next can be predicted.
The manager says that the amount of income coming in monthly is about ï¿½700. She isn’t sure of the income, this is probably because she has to keep her accounts manually (using the manual system). If a model is used, then the income would be precise and predicted from the beginning of the month.
The caf has to provide for about 1000 customer
s a month and this will be difficult if she has to write each person down and what they buy. It will
There are 3 main methods:
There are some solutions to help with accounting errors that may and can take place:
1) Use a part computerised and part manual computer system. For example, you can have all the expenses and outcome in an accounting book, while having all the income on the computer.
2) Use a specialist accounting software/package such as SAGE accounting.
3) Use a spreadsheet model to control all your important data.
* This means that if one part of your data got destroyed, e.g. The data in the accounting book, then you will have the computer which will have some data which means that your business will not be completely over.
* This will save reduce some electrical bills.
* If you lose the most important data which s on your computer, for example, then you will have to start filling in the data into your computer from the beginning.
* A human error may have taken place, meaning that there is some wrong data, which will affect the company a lot.
* The computerised system may be hacked into and altered, which will increase the business’ troubles.
* Useful and simple to use.
* Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Purchasing, Invoicing, Inventory, Payroll, Job Costing, Time and Billing, Point of Sale, User Interface and Database Customization, Support for multiple languages (English, French, and Chinese) and currencies. These are the variety services available on SAGE accounting. This will help the staff and business extremely because it is a package that contains several options that will be convenient to use
* This is a slightly expensive package that ranges in price from ï¿½110.00 to ï¿½1500.
* This requires a computer to be bought, therefore will increase the electrical bills.
* The cost to buy a fully functioning and good computer is very expensive.
* The staff requires full training, which will add even more to the cost of the package.
* It can be a very complex software to beginners.
* This is a very simple way of developing the shop’s business because this is very easy to use and only requires a small amount of training before using it.
* Requires a computer, which can be slightly expensive.
* Increases the electricity bill for the shop.
I have chosen to use the last option. This is because the advantages shown above will benefit the company.
Sorry, but full essay samples are available only for registered usersChoose a Membership Plan