Elimination Of Waste
Just In Time Production (JIT)
Built In Quality
• Expense Reductions Throughout
• Keeping True To ISO 9000 Standards
• Less Inventory = More Cash
• Standards & Practices Keep Quality
From Start To Finish
Bottlenecks in Production
Total Quality Management (TQM) Tools
• Define TQM
• Who will use?
• When will it be used?
• Process improvements
• Three TQM Tools to be Implemented
• Six Sigma (DMAIC)
• Shingo System
• ISO Certifications: Obtain third party certification
PROJECT PLAN FOR RIORDAN
Riordan Manufactures Electric Fans in Hangzhou, China
On Time Delivery (OTD) Electric Motor Stock 93%
Excessive Polymer Inventory
Riordan will relocate Electric Fan Manufacturing from Hangzhou, China to Shanghai, China
Increase OTD Electric Motor Stock from 93% to 99%
Reduce Safety Stock on Polymer Inventory
SCHEDULE, ROLES &
• Riordan will relocate Electric Fan Manufacturing from Hangzhou, China to Shanghai, China
• Relocation will take place in the next five years.
• Charles Williamson, Senior Vice Present Research and Development is responsible for maintaining project timeline
• Robert Lord, Plant Director is responsible for insuring required production transition to the new Shanghai location.
• Increase OTD Electric Motor Stock from 93% to 99%
• Charles Williamson, Senior Vice Present Research and Development
• Reduce Safety Stock on Polymer Inventory
• Robert Lord, Plant Director is responsible
Aniks, T. (2008) Total Quality Management. Retrieved from: taniks.blogspot.com. Benefits of ISO 9000 . (2014). Retrieved from
http://www.pjr.com/standards/iso-90012008/benefits-of-iso-9000 Key Lean Manufacturing Principles. (2013). Retrieved from: http:// www.lean-manufacturing-junction.com/lean-manufacturing- principles.html Jacobs, F. R., & Chase, R. (2011). Operations and Supply Chain Management (13th ed.). Boston, MA: McGraw-Hill Irwin.