Instructions: Enter the Virtual Lab and gather information to complete your report. Please type your answers. When your lab report is complete, submit it to the Submitted Assignments area of the Virtual Classroom.
Part I: Answer the following questions while in the Phase 4 lab environment.
Section 1: Study the topographic map resembling the area you have been conducting your field research on. Contour intervals occur every 10 meters.
1. List the elevations of the following points:
2. Label each point with the appropriate landform or structure using the guides consulted in this Phase:
3. Which of the three hills (left, center, right) is the highest in elevation?
4. What is the highest point of this hill?
5. Which of the three hills (left, center, right) is the lowest in elevation?
6. What is the steepest section in the area?
Part II: For the following questions, provide your response in short-answer format (2–3 sentences each). Use this Phase’s activities, lab research, and resources to assist you in answering. 7. What are contour lines and inclination (incline), and how do they show the shape of the land on a topographic map?
8. How would this map help you determine the floodplain?
9. How would this map help you plan a building development?
10. Where would you build, and why?
11. How would this map help you plan a road to the development?
12. Where would you build and route this road, and why?