Research Project on Holy Spirit Essay Sample
- Pages: 5
- Word count: 1,329
- Rewriting Possibility: 99% (excellent)
- Category: spirit
Get Full Essay
Get access to this section to get all help you need with your essay and educational issues.Get Access
Introduction of TOPIC
Answer the following questions through the given references.
In 1 Corinthians 2:11, what indicates that the Holy Spirit has intellect?
In the first letter of Corinthians 2:11 it indicates that the Holy Spirit has an intellect because among humans, the spirit of the person or the Holy Spirit is the one who knows how to pertain, to be fitting or to be appropriate where to belong .
What evidence do you observe in Roman 15:30 that the Holy Spirit has emotions?
In Romans 15:30, the evidence that I have observed that the Holy Spirit has emotions, is that the Holy Spirit is urging us to join him in the struggle of our prayers on God’s behalf. It shows that the Holy Spirit has emotion because he pleads us to join him on prayers
How does the Holy Spirit exercises his will as recorded in 1 Corinthians 12:11.
Based on the letter of the first Corinthians 12:11, the Holy Spirit exercised his well by producing and distributing all those gifts to each of them according to his will.
Find the word that describes the nature of the Holy Spirit in each of the following references.
• John 16:13
➢ The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth. It means that he will not speak on his own, but will speak only what he hears, which is from God.
• Romans 8:2
➢ The Holy Spirit is the Law. It is the Spirit of Life in Christ that freed us from the law of sin and death.
• Hebrews 10:29
➢ The Holy Spirit’s nature is Punishment. It is due to mans rejection or dislike to the son of God. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
• Romans 1:4
➢ The Holy Spirit, which is Holy, made Jesus, the Son of God resurrected from the dead.
3. What is the function or role of the Holy Spirit in;
• John 14:16-26
• The Holy Spirit serves as our guardian and helper. It helps us recognize bad and good. It will instruct us in everything we will do, and remind us what God told us.
• 1 Corinthians 3:16
• You are God’s temple and God’s Spirit dwells in you. If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person. For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple.
• John 16:13-14
• The Holy Spirit will guide us into all truth. He will give us the discernment to j
udge between true and false teachings. If we will open our hearts and read the Bible with the Spirit
• Acts 1:8
• The Holy Spirit gives us power that come from the Lord, and we will be God’s witness through the earth, that the Holy Spirit gives us the power to live the Christian life as a witness for God. It is impossible to live the Christian life without the power of the Spirit within us
4. What specific action does the Holy Spirit perform in;
• Acts 13:2
• The Holy Spirit Speaks. He spoke to them, to let Barnabas and Saul to set apart for him to do the work for which he is called.
• Acts 8:29
• The Holy Spirit speaks to the Apostles and Prophet. He said to Philip, “go and catch the chariot”.
• Romans 8:14
• The Holy Spirit leads us, and because of that we are the children of God. Because only those person who are lead by the Holy Spirit are the
children of God.
• John 16:7-8
• The Holy Spirit takes action of showing us the Truth. Assisting us in all our needs. Making him as a light through our darkness hours.
• Romans 8:26
• The Holy Spirit assists us in ways only another person could. The Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words.
• 2 Thessalonians 2:13
• The outward call of God is by the gospel; and this is portrayed effectual by the inward working of the Spirit. The belief of the truth brings the sinner to depend on Christ, and so to love and obey him; it is sealed by the Holy Spirit upon his heart.
5. What are the attributes or contribution of the Holy Spirit ;
• Hebrews 9:14
• God is eternal. Hebrews 9:14 speaks of “the eternal Spirit.”
• Psalm 139:7
• God is present everywhere. In Psalm 139:7 David says the Spirit is everywhere.
• 1Corinthians 2:10-11
• God is always present everywhere. It says the things of God are known only by the Spirit.
Write one insight you have gained from this research concerning the Holy Spirit.
I have learned that the Holy Spirit is a person. He is eternal, a fully God. Always present everywhere. Has a will and can speak. He is alive. The Holy Spirit assists and guides us in all the things that we will do.
What will be the result if the Holy Spirit is in control of one’s life?
If the Holy Spirit controls our lives, our life will be in proper balance, the result is a life of power and great fruitfulness in which our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, is wonderfully honored and glorified. If we continue to allow the Holy Spirit to control and empower us, we will concentrate upon the Word of God, hiding it in our heart; our life expresses more and more the beauty of Christ and the fruit of the Spirit
In what area of your life do you believe that the Holy Spirit needs to be more in control and why?
The area of my life that needs to be more in control with the Holy Spirit is my concentration of the word of God .Because I really don’t go oftenly to the church, that’s why I have this a little bit difficulties in understanding the word of God, in reflecting and applying it to my life, but despite of this I grew up as a God fearing kid. Even though I don’t often go to the church, I don’t forget to thank God for all the things that I have. I really want the Holy Spirit to be more in control with the gift of understanding in my life. In understanding God’s words and ways. In understanding the people who surrounds me and in understanding all the situation that I will be in.