Seafarers Contribution to the Economic Growth of the Philippines Essay Sample
- Word count: 4709
- Category: management
A limited time offer!
Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
Seafarers Contribution to the Economic Growth of the Philippines Essay Sample
The role of a yaya in today’s world is a great deal different. Mothers’ today maintain the ultimate authority and control over how their children are cared for by the nanny. Modern living requires long hours of social activities of parents or guardians which are the reasons for the demand of the services offered by nannies to look after their child/children and to do some related household management. The demand for this service increases due to modernization. As we all know life is hectic, fast paced, fun and perpetually changing. Every family is different and has their own unique set of needs and wants. This study will show that there is a need for acquiring yayas service that can be helpful to the specific market.
Background of the study
Household helpers have become indispensable part of almost every part of almost every upper class homes or even middle class homes whose leads have enough income to employ aides. Traditionally, nannies were servants in large households and reported directly to the lady of the house. Today, modern nannies, like other domestic workers, may live in or out of the house depending on their circumstances and those of their employers. Professional nannies are usually certified in cardiopulmonary resuscitation, qualified in first aid, and have a degree or extensive training in child development.
There are many employment agencies that specialize in childcare and online services that aid in finding available nannies. In the 19th and early 20th century, the position was usually known as a “nurse”, and was, as for many childcare jobs, invariably female. In a great house the nurse was a more senior member of the household staff and ran her own domain, a suite of rooms called the nursery, supported by at least one assistant, known as a nursemaid (or nursery maid).
Because of their deep involvement in raising the children of the family, nannies were often remembered with great affection and treated more kindly than the junior servants. Nannies may have remained in the employment of the same aristocratic family for years, looking after successive generations of children. In 2012 in the Philippine setting, an estimated 866,000 comprised the informal section of the labor force, a majority of which were aged 15 years old, and some from far flung provinces.
Name of the Proposed Business
Handy Yaya Agency
The name suggests an agency that offers effective and efficient yaya. Handy means being versatile, helpful and practical that makes it attractive and catchy on the part of our clients from the lower class up to the middle class. Giving an emphasis to the criteria standards of the service we provide to our client. Handy Yaya Agency is a business that is not much different to any other household agencies you see at the busy streets of Metro- it’s just that it is specializes in taking care of children and related household chores.
History of the Project
We come up to this project because of the current trend of having a Law pertaining to the Nannies concerning to their rights to have an equal treatment as to the other workers having a minimum salary which is “Republic Act No. 10361 AN ACT INSTITUTING POLICIES FOR THE PROTECTION AND WELFARE OF DOMESTIC WORKERS” also known as “Batas Kasambahay” even though they’re not that educated but skilled in the field they chose. We are inspired to have a study on this kind of business because of the recommendation of our beloved Dr. Lily Mendoza giving rise to our interest to this kind of field of business.
We tend to use the term “Nanny or Yaya in Filipino Term” for someone who can be left in sole charge of children for a given length of time during the day, or all day. Nanny/Yaya is someone who provides care for your child inside or outside of your home. Nannies were present in the households of the European colonial empires throughout the world. In wealthy families, it was not uncommon for a nanny to stay with one family for the entire length of her career. She would care for the subsequent generations of children that were born into the family. Often, she would care for the children of the children that she originally cared for when she began working for the family.
For the children of these families, the nanny was considered to be a beloved member of the family. In time nannies can only be afford by Class A families but as the time goes by due to some changes in social and environmental factors middle class families also created demand for nanny. Nannies have been flexible of the changes that they also seek opportunities not only to the class A families but also to the middle class. Nanny agencies are the modern answer for parents looking for a sitter for a variety of reasons. In the past, they relied on neighborhood teenagers or family members. However, in today’s modern household, where both parents usually work full-time jobs, sitters are needed for more than just a Saturday night evening out.
They are called during days of sick care, doctor’s appointments, after-school care, and any other holiday or day where the parents has something important to do and needs a reliable, experienced person to care for their children. Thus, the advent of the babysitting agency. Agencies are usually bonded and insured, and provide experienced child care professionals to care for the children of their clients.
It can be a very successful, profitable venture, provided it’s done right. In the last several years, a lot of news have been broadcasted concerning to several cases of child abuse made by their household keepers, thus a thorough selection of agency must be done. There is still room in today’s society for the role of the nanny. As more women are working outside of the home than ever before, having a nanny in the home to assist in the care of the children is still greatly needed by many families. The tradition of the nanny will no doubt continue into the future as there is always a need for high quality providers for the care of our children. Needs Giving Rise to the Project
A project rationale on the Handy Yaya Agency project states that it is a project under observation. It involves 5 stockholders and the project is geared to build a new household agency which specializes in taking care of children. The Handy Yaya Agency focus is on the quality of yaya they will deploy to valued customers. The organization will assure that all of the selected applicants are equipped with intensive trainings, orientations and crucial background check to guarantee customer that their child/children is on the better hand.
The business came about because as we viewed the social changes, it creates demand in part of busy parents. And to speak with social changes, crimes now are at high risk so in part of the guardians it will not be practical to put their children in the arms of not-so known individuals. What they really need is to have somebody that is trust-worthy and effective to look after their beloved child/children and this is what the project is looking to address.
To become the leader in providing excellent nanny services and to supply well equipped nannies in Metro Manila and other regions in the Philippines.
Our mission is to provide quality economical and trustworthy yaya in Metro Manila that have excellent ability in taking good care of children and doing household chores that promotes customer satisfaction.
– represents the safety it can provide, and its dependency.
– to help or support guardians that parents may not sustain or provide to their siblings, now it’s our responsibility to take charge in order to promote love and care to every child that blooms.
The Nanny and the Stroller
– represents the product we deploy carrying stroller that signifies its mobility, care and comfort a nanny can give to her clients.
The yaya inside the house represents the product we deploy carrying stroller that signifies its mobility, care and comfort a yaya can give to her clients. The outer layer of our logo represents the safety it can provide, and its dependency which is the shelter. To work even the clients give her minimum supervision, we can guarantee she can do the job well. Furthermore the structure signifies the security which we feel every time we are on it. The goal of our company is to help or support guardians that parents may not sustain or provide to their siblings, now it’s our responsibility to take charge in order to promote love and care to every child that blooms.
This feasibility study was conducted to determine how and where to establish a profitable recruitment agency. This study provides an information about the background of the study, its condition to the market, the propose budget and its importance to the economy of the Republic of the Philippines. The target market of the project is at Holy Spirit Drive, Don Antonio Heights, Quezon City. The proponents gather information regarding to historical demand and supply of the potential target of the business. This data we gathered shall be used as our basis on projecting demand and supply.
Scope and Limitation
In this study, the proponents are looking for the effectiveness and establishing a business (especially in Commonwealth Avenue) that will provide people with the new specialized agency meant only for their satisfaction. In this study, the proponents will also tackle the importance of knowing the demand of the people by services in the area.
The scope in this project that needs to be analyzed for us to get every details of information, factors that may affect the operation of the business in many ways are as follows: * The scope of the study mainly focuses on people living in and around of the Holy Spirit Drive, Don Antonio Heights, Quezon City. * This study was carefully analyzed and organized to come up with a clear, complete and economical study as the proponents experiencing now, parents are prepared to switch to our specialized agency because they will find it more convenient and secure to avail of our services offered. The more it pleases and benefits people the longer the business will continue to operate.
This chapter includes the organization and management aspects. It will fall primarily on the following: form of ownership, capitalization, organizational chart, duties and responsibilities and job qualification of General Manager and other managers such as HRD Head, Finance Head, Marketing and Operation Head. It also discusses the government mandated benefits and the salaries and other benefits of employees. The meal and rest period, work time and holiday practices and the Department of Labor and Employment Policies and Organizational Policies are also included in this chapter.
* To provide a great work environment and be a beacon of integrity for the clients. * To distribute high quality labor force in order to sustain good integrity to our clients. * To promote a harmonious relationship between and among the employees and employer and to its clients. * To identify and define the general rules and regulations and company policies.
Type of Ownership
Handy Yaya is a general partnership which consists of four (4) partners. Any decision involving the business shall be made with the consent of the partners.
We preferred to use partnership due to the following reasons
* Unlimited liability
* Mutual participation in profit
* Legal entity
* Co-ownership of contributed asset
Each of the group will be a capitalist-industrial partner where in each will contribute money property as well as work, skills and industry to the capital of the partnership.
Advantages of Partnership
* It could be easily established as single proprietorship. * There are more persons to conduct the business and to handle its problems. * A partnership has access to greater or better credit facilities. * The combined abilities, skills, and resources of partners are great source of strength. * Retention of valuable of employees is ensured.
Disadvantages of Partnership
* Limitation in size
* Lack of continuity
* Easy dissolution
* Unlimited liability of the partners
* Disagreements between partners often lead to delay and difficulties which could endanger the business firm. Capitalization
Handy Yaya AgencyGeneral Partnership|
Name of Partners| Amount Investment in peso |
Bugarin, Nestor Jr.| Php 200,000|
Cabillon, Marvin | Php 200,000|
Niverba, Emmanuel| Php 200,000|
Rellores, Kurt Alean| Php 200,000|
TOTAL| Php 800 ,000|
A general partnership is composed of two or more general partners who find and share money, property or industry to come up with the equity suffice the operation of the business. Partners should be responsible enough for discharging of any decision or action of the business. Indicated below are the names, the roles of each partner and their contributions.
It is a diagram that shows the structure of an organization and the relationships and relative ranks of its parts and positions/jobs. Organizational chart defines to character of an organization: how it thinks and how it will react. As a business grows, employee responsibilities detach from specific people, and are instead, assigned to specific positions or departments regardless of who holds that job. The relationship between all these different positions, their departments and the hierarchical management structure make up the organization’s structure.
Operation & Marketing
Job Description and Job Specification
In this organization, the partners will also have their share of chores like helping or assisting their personnel. POSITION| DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES| QUALIFICATION|
General Manager| – Anticipates the manpower needs of the organization.- Responsible for maintaining harmonious relationship between department heads.- In-charge of screening and selecting of applicants, – Leads and direct the staff to meet the company’s goal.| – Male or Female, 25 and up but not more than 45 years old – must have a degree in Business Administration or any management course. – Should have a minimum of five years of experience in business management, planning and financial oversight. – Demonstrated ability to work in a proactively diverse and inclusive organization.
– Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills. – Effective problem – solving and mediation skills. Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others.| Finance Head| – Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and regulations. -Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment. – Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements. -Maintain good banking relationships. Assist in determining the company’s proper capital structure. – Manage the preparation of the company’s budget. Report to management on variances from established budget, and the reasons for those variances.
– Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis. Interpret company’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities| – Male and Female not more than 45 years old. – Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting related course. – With business experienced and minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible in a major company or division of a large corporation. – Excellent Communication skills both oral and written. Should have an outstanding knowledge of electronic spreadsheets.
| Human Resource Head| – presents challenges to tactically handle the human resource tools and help the firm attract talented people for the required jobs. – Provide support to supervisors and staff to develop the skills and capabilities of staff. – Monitor staff performance and attendance activities.- Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire staff. – Provide information and assistance to staff, supervisors and council in human resource and work related issues. – Employee motivation and performance appraisal. Salary and Payroll Negotiations. Employee Satisfaction and Feedback| – Male or Female. 25 and up but not more than 45 years old.
– A graduate level degree in Labour Laws, Psychology, Human Resources, and Industrial Laws or any business and management related courses. – Excellent communications skills both oral and written.- With at least 5 years’ experience in human resource management and development. – Must be good in initiation and negotiation skill. – Strong presentation abilities. – Ability to think out of the box.- Can decide effectively and efficiently. – Demonstrate sound work ethics| Operation and Marketing Head| – The head of marketing handles promotions of a company and its brand.- incorporate strategies to help sell products and services, using everything from graphics to catchy phrases to special deals to get the general public interested.
– Understanding about their market and competitors’ products and services and has a good business sense.| – Male or Female not more than 45 years. – Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, in Marketing Management and or any management related courses. – Must have a minimum of 5 years in marketing and business industries. – Must be good in Microsoft office programs.- must have a good background in advertising. -Good communications skills, both writing and verbally. Good negotiation skills and persuasiveness.
| Book Keeper| – Creates financial transactions and creates financial reports from that information. – Includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. – reconciles and balance accounts to ensure their accuracy.| – Must have associate’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
– With 2 or more years job experience in field of accounting| Messenger| – communicates and coordinates with SSS, PhilHealth, and other insurance benefit. – Responsible for ensuring communication and cooperation between two or more entities by serving as an official go-between between top-ranking officials of each organization.| – With not less than 3 job years’ experience. Responsible for maintaining harmonious relationship between other organization| Trainor| – Evaluate training materials prepared by instructors, such as outlines, text, and handouts. – Coordinate, schedule and conduct business and technical training for new hires and current employees.
– Organize and develop, or obtain, training procedure manuals and guides and course materials such as handouts and visual materials. -Produce training materials for in-house courses as appropriate. Amend and revise materials as necessary, in order to adapt to changes that occur.- Facilitate the execution of all training plans and periodically, evaluate training effectiveness.| – Must have a Human Resource development Degree holder. – With not less than 2 years job experience. – Strong communications and presentation skills, organizational skills. – Analytical skills to review new processes and derive potential impact to program.
– Able to work a flexible schedule to include extended evening and weekend hours as needed on a limited basis.- Ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously and stand for long periods of time while delivering classroom training.| CPA Consultant| -Performs accounting tasks for individuals or companies. -Handles financial records, taxes and responsibility for the issuing of financial reports.
-Kept the ledgers organized to assess the financial health of a company.-Specialize in a particular field such as audits, book keeping and taxes. -Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits. -Monitor and review budget and expenditures for local, state, private funding contracts.-Resolve accounting discrepancies.| – Male or Female, 25 and up but not more than 45 years old -Most preferably a Certified Public Accountant.
-With at least 1 year experience in the related field.
-Must be a computer literate.
-Can work under pressure.
-Must be highly analytical and critical.
-Can work under minimal supervision.|
Lawyer Consultant| – Advise their clients or employers on their legal rights and obligations. As advocates, they may represent companies in both criminal and civil court cases. -May also work in-house as full-time employees of one company.Whether serving as in-house or outside counsels, corporate lawyers are hired to keep companies out of trouble by anticipating and helping to circumvent problems. -They also keep their clients up to date on new business laws and regulations. -Provides advice on labor relations, employee contracts, tax issues, and suits against the corporation, employee injury, patents, and contracts with suppliers of raw materials.
| – Male or Female, 25 and up but not more than 45 years old – University degree Graduated in Law – A minimum of 2 years experience & a maximum of 4 years experience in corporate legal work/contract law; International professional experience and/or a procurement background would be an advantage -Strong negotiation and organizational skills
-Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills – Demonstrated and natural ability to work collaboratively across jurisdictional, functional and cultural boundaries -Proactive confident approach and a self-starter -Fluency in English (written and verbal) is a must-Specialize in corporate law should also take relevant electives, such as creditors’ rights, trade regulations, commercial transactions, and trial advocacy.|
Government Mandated Benefits
Social Security System
The Social Security Program provides a package of benefits in the event of death, disability, sickness, maternity and old age. Basically, the SSS provides for a replacement of income lost on account of the aforementioned contingencies. According to Republic Act 1161, as amended by RA 8282, a private employee, whether permanent, or temporary or provisional; A household helping earning P 1, 000.00 a month is subject to compulsory coverage starting September 1, 1993. PhilHealth
The state health insurance program was designed to help people pay for healthcare services under the National Health Insurance Act of 1995 (Republic Act No. 7875), the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation or PhilHealth is a government corporation entrusted with the administration of the National Health Insurance Program (NHIP), formerly known as Medicare.
The employer(s) is required to contribute per month not less than P100.00 to the employee’s Home Development and Mutual Fund. In accordance to the periodic remittance schedule provided by HDMF, the employer(s) will remit this contribution, in addition to that of the employee’s, which is to be deducted from his/her payroll.
Salaries and Other Fringe Benefits
a. Regular Salary
Employees are paid twice a month. Based salary ranges are based on job classification. New employees may be considered for appointment above the minimum of the salary range if they meet specific requirements for exceptional training and experience. Employees are also eligible for salary and salary range adjustments authorized by the legislature. b. Overtime Pay
All employees required to work beyond eight hours in one workday are entitled to overtime pay. The basis of overtime pay is found in Article 87 of the Labor Code. Overtime pay is the additional compensation payable to employee for services or work rendered beyond the normal eight hours of work. It is computed by multiplying the overtime rate with the number of hours in excess of the regular eight hours of work. c. 13TH Month Pay
The 13th month pay is a legal obligation of every employer in the Philippines under Presidential Decree 851. The minimum 13th month pay required by law shall not be less than one-twelfth (1/12) of the total basic salary earned by an employee within a calendar year. Basic salary refers to the basic monthly salary.
d. Service Incentive Leave
The concept of this is applied to every employee who has rendered at least
(1) year of service continuous or broken, is entitled to an annual service incentive leave of five (5) days with pay which can be seen in Art. 95, Labor Code.
e. Meal and Rest Period
According to Article 83 of the Labor Code of the Philippines, employees are entitled to one (1) hour break for meals on an eight-hour work day. Employees are also entitled to adequate rest periods in the morning and afternoon, of short durations, that will be counted as hours worked. These rest periods normally last for 15 minutes and can be used by employees as coffee or snack breaks.
f. Work time and Holiday Practices
1. Working Schedule
HANDY YAYA AGENCYWorking Schedule|
Monday to Friday8:00AM – 5:00PM;7:00AM – 4:00PM;9:00AM – 6:00PM| All managerial levels; staff levels and lower management level.| Saturday and Sunday(REST DAY)| ALL OFFICE STAFF|
2. Table for Working Holidays
REGULAR HOLIDAYS IN THE PHILIPPINES|
New Year’s Day| January 1|
Maundy Thursday| Movable date|
Good Friday| Movable date|
Eid ul-Fitr| Movable date|
Araw ng Kagitingan| April 9|
Labor Day| May 1|
Independence Day| June 12|
National Heroes Day| August 25|
Bonifacio Day| November 30|
Christmas Day| December 25|
Rizal Day| December 30|
Policies are regulation or protocol governing a procedure in a particular
area. These are the basic measures for action. Policies dictate what is and what is not permitted within the business. These are broad and general guides for action, which contain or direct objective attainment. The following are set of policies for an efficient and effective management: A. Work Schedule
Regular work schedule and rest periods shall be provided to the employees to efficiently and adequately man the work area. It shall be the manager’s responsibility to schedule properly implement the work schedule and rest day of the staff. B. Absences
Absence is the inability of an employee to report for work on his/her regular working day. Absence can be considered authorize if the reason is valid and justifiable. An unauthorized absence shall be meted with disciplinary sanction after due process has been awarded to employees. C. Overtime
Overtime work is work performed beyond the regular eight (8) working hours for which an employee is paid an additional twenty-five percent (25%) of his/her regular basic pay.
Superiors expect respect and obedience from their subordinates.
E. Honesty and Integrity
The company shall not tolerate any form of dishonesty, deceit or fraud.
F. Social Norms and Morals
Employees shall not perform inhumane activities that will affect company’s reputation and credibility. They are expected to be good citizens during and after working hours.
15th and 30th day of the month
H. Bookkeeping and Accounting
The company shall see to it that all transactions of the business will be recorded in the registered books of accounts. I. Working Hours
Every employee required to work for eight hours. Rendering overtime of the employee will be properly paid. Management shall implement the necessary working hours and shifting in the working schedule of the employees. Schedule of break time must be followed strictly.
The market study is the most vital part of every feasibility study. It serves as the lifeblood of this project paper. The focal point of a project study is the profitability and the demand of the product or service. It is imperative that the market study must be given first consideration. Market study is the main and primary key for success of every business. It serves as a major basis in determining the profitability of a certain business entity for it is a study of supply and demand. It is the preliminary step and the life giving aspect of the study because basically it identifies the consumption and productivity of the market.
* To formulate an effective yet efficient strategy that needs to be undertaken in the conceptualization process of the business. * To find appropriate location for the said nature of the business. * To strategize different approaches in deployment and recruitment process of our business. * To develop a competitive promotion process to sustain the need of caliber workers to the clients. * To scan the external and internal environment/ factors that needs to be considered in putting up a business.
HISTORICAL DEMAND AND SUPPLY
Part I. Demographic and Psychographic Profile of the Respondents A. Market Description
The proponents chose area of Holy Spirit Drive (Don Antonio Heights). This is a placed frequented by the target customers who are looking for yayas. With regardless the selected locations of the proposed business, people around the vicinity could easily inquire and avail the service for it’s a common need.