Software Requirements Specification Essay Sample
- Pages: 4
- Word count: 950
- Rewriting Possibility: 99% (excellent)
- Category: requirement
Get Full Essay
Get access to this section to get all help you need with your essay and educational issues.Try it free!
Introduction 1 Purpose This is the Software Requirements Specification (SRS) for the “Mumbai Rail Indicator” project. The SRS will include the details of the project’s requirement, interface and design issues. 2 Document Conventions 3 Intended Audience and Reading Suggestions The project is made for the passengers who travel in the trains of Mumbai. The people who travel in the crowded trains of Mumbai rails will benefit from this project as this provides a guide while traveling. 4
rails will benefit from this project as this provides a guide while traveling.
4 Project Scope
This project helps the commuters manage their time while commuting and also to board the train wisely and not change trains frequently to reach their destination or wait for particular trains on the platforms. The menu will contain information about the direction in which you want to commute i.e. toward Churchgate or Virar.
1. Ms. Vinaya Sawant, Team Mentor
2. M-Indicator home page: http://www.mobond.com/
3. Schach, Stephen R. Object-Oriented and Classical Software Engineering, Fifth Edition. McGraw-Hill, 2002
1 Product Perspective
• This product does not require any extra hardware.
• This product is not a part of any other program or software. • Since this product will run on multiple platforms, the product during the initial stages is expected to give variable output.
2 Product Features
The product gives detailed information about the Churchgate-Virar fast and slow locals. See the timings of the train at all platforms from the source to the destination which includes the platform number at the stations.
3 Operating Environment
• The product when running on Android requires a minimum of 5 MB of free space and there are no criteria on the requirement of the hardware although the Android version 3.2.6 is a must. • The product when running on Java requires a minimum of 10 MB of free space and there are no criteria on the requirement of the hardware although the Java version 2.2.1 is a must. • The product when running on IOS requires a minimum of 4 MB of free space and there are no criteria on the requirement of the hardware although the IOS version 5.0.1 is a must.
4 Design and Implementation Constraints
The product will work on any device which has at least 5 MB of free space on some platforms and 10 MB of free space on others. There aren’t hardware constraints to run the program on a device. Also, the program is platform independent.
5 User Documentation
The user will get an option in the main menu to seek on-line help and no off-line documents are provided to the user.
1 Selection of source and destination.
|Inputs |Selection of source, destination and trains. | |Processing |It will search for trains as specified at the input. | |Outputs |Displays the Trains and its Timings with Platform info. |
2 Reminder about the train.
|Inputs |Selection of specific train and the day and then select Remind Me. | |Processing |It remembers the specific trains and waits till the time it has to remind. | |Outputs |It reminds about the train prior to the train arrival time. |
3 Time as an Input.
|Inputs |Entering the specific time the user wants to reach to the destination. | |Processing |It will search for the trains that will help the user to reach the destination on time. | |Outputs |It displays the trains and the time of departure. |
External Interface Requirements
1 User Interfaces
The interface for this program will be relatively simple. As the target user can select the source and destination he wants to travel. They can also set the reminder and preferred timings of the trains they want to board.
2 Software Interfaces
This product requires an Android or Java or IOS Mobile Phones capable of running the Application according to its Operating System.
Other Nonfunctional Requirements
1 Performance Requirements
Only one person can use a single instance of the product. However, the product will reside on the PLAY STORE so more than one user can access the product and download its content for use on their Mobiles.
2 Safety Requirements
3 Security Requirements
4 Software Quality Attributes
• The product will be as secure as the web browser that will run the product. • Reliability will be ensured by extensive testing by the team members and mentors, if available.
There are no additional requirements at this time.
Appendix B: Analysis Models
Appendix C: Issues List
< This is a dynamic list of the open requirements issues that remain to be resolved, including TBDs, pending decisions, information that is needed, conflicts awaiting resolution, and the like.>
Sorry, but A and B essays are only available for premium usersChoose a Membership Plan