Some Of The Advantages Of Television Essay Sample
Get Full Essay
Get access to this section to get all help you need with your essay and educational issues.Get Access
Some Of The Advantages Of Television Essay Sample
1. Television is widely used for entertainment, knowledge and for communication.
2. Anybody can watch television simply by sitting at home.
3. News, movies, family shows, sports, Music as well as other useful shows and channels can be seen on TV. 4. Even kids can enjoy TV by watching Cartoons Channels as well Some Channels such as Discovery Channel to gain knowledge. 5. One can watch live news as well as live shows or live sports easily with the help of television. 6. Television plays an important role in educating people about corruption, going on in the social and political world. 7. Television is now a days one of the widely used communication media. Useful information can be reached to millions of people directly by TV. 8. Television helps to upgrade knowledge and it also aware about the latest trend going on in the world. 9. People can learn more and more about the world by watching Television. 10. Various channels are available in different languages so you can see the channel or shows of your choice in your regional language. 11. In free time watching TV is good which may freshen your mood by watching show you like the most. 12. You can learn several languages and lots of other useful things by watching television. 13. Keeps us updated and time pass in hard time.
14. Good and effective way of advertising product or information. Some of the Disadvantages of Television (TV) are :
1. As there are thousand of shows or movies shown on TV 24/7 , Hence some people waste more time everday while watching TV. 2. If people spend much more time on watching TV then they may become lazy. 3. Sometimes students do not pay attention to their studies while watching TV , which affects the education of the students. 4. Some children sit very close to the TV which is not good for the Eye-sight of the children. 5. More use of television may also increase electricity bill. 6. Children sometimes watch scary movies which affects their mental condition 7. Sometime distraction from work by watching TV.
Advantages and disadvantages of television
The advantages and disadvantages of television
Nowadays many people all over the world spent most of their free time watching television; but since its appearance, television has brought to man many advantages as well as disadvantages.
First, television plays an important role in our daily activities: it keeps us informed of all current affairs in the world. Events through televisionare more vivid than those through books and magazines.
Second, television helps us enrich our spiritual lives. Our knowledge is broadened in many ways. Through language teaching programs, we can learn the language we like such as: English, French, German, Chinese, Japanese and so on. We can become skilful and clever at doing jobs, making cakes or arranging flowers through practical courses taught on television.
Finally, television is a source of recreation. Humorous stories and funnyfilms bring us minutes of relaxation after a hard day’s work. For me, sitting comfortably in an arm-chair to watch an international football match on television is more interesting than having to queue for tickets at a crowded stadium.
Apart from its advantages, however, television also brings lots of disadvantages to viewers too.
First, television viewers gradually become passive in their action. Television may be a splendid media of communication, but it prevents us from communicating with each other or with the outer world. The world seen through television is only the restricted one: It separates us from the real world.
Second, television, with its fascinating power, makes people of all ages sink into oblivion: whole generations are growing up addicted to the telly. Pupils and students are so absorbed in television that they neglect their school activities. Food is left uneaten, homework undone and lessons unprepared. Housewives are so keen on watching television that they neglect their duties toward their husbands and their children. Instead of watching television, we may use the time for a real familyhour. Without the distraction of television, we may sit around together after dinner and actually talk to one another to know and like each other better.
Finally, the evil influence of television on the young generation is inevitable; it encourages them to commit crimes. Spectacles of sadism and violence on television lead them to robbery, theft, rape and murder.
In a nutshell, television is useful to us when we know how to use it: Be careful not to overindulge ourselves in it and use it in a discerning manner. 1. Information:- Television provides the information regarding to day to day events on national and international level. 2. Comparison:- With the help of information provided by the Television we can easily compare the development progress of nation with other nation 3. Entertainment:- Television is the most important mean for entertainment of every section of our society. 4. Education:- Television helps in getting guidelines to the students regarding their subjects from deemed and remote university. 5. Techno information:- It gives us the audio visual information regarding the new inventions in the world. 6. News:- It gives us the latest and updated information in form of news of each and every area or part of world. 7. Forecast:- It helps us in getting information regarding the whether, business, technical etc forecasts.
Disadvantages of TV:-
1. False advertisements: – People believe on the information delivered with the mean of advertisements related to the product which may be true or false. 2. Spreading Profanity:- Now these days through Cable network the images of profanity is getting excess in the common man habitats which is not appreciable from the children point of view. 3. Spreading Violence: – with the influence of action films or serials it give rise to the violent acts in the thoughts of common man. 4. Increase in crime rate:- Some time the crime influenced movies give the idea for the execution of crime in real life. Source(s):generated by me
Although television, the most popular part of the mass media, plays a big role in every civilized society, there have been numerous debates concerning its advantages and disadvantages. One of the advantages of watching television is the possibility to be well informed. TV programmes are various and people have a chance to select what they want to see from documentaries, current events and sports programmes to films, science fiction cartoons, dramas and entertainment programmes. TV brought ballet, opera, and theatre to big masses of people. Television provides great opportunities for education. With the help of TV it is possible to learn foreign languages, to know a lot of wonderful things concerning the world flora and fauna. At the same time there are a lot of arguments against TV. The grip it has on many people is great and they do not know how to spend their free time without television.
They can watch television programmes from about six in the morning to the early hours of the next day watching everything. Among the biggest TV-viewers are not only adults but children as well. It is damaging for their health and abilities. TV cuts people from the real world. People become lazy, instead of doing sports they watch TV. Television takes free time of the people. Instead of reading books people watch various TV programmes. The best thing is to watch only selective TV programmes and not to be governed by them. Only few people today can live without television. Despite of increasing influence of the Internet, video films and other high-technology sources of information television continues to play an important part in the human life. If people do not like TV they do not buy it or switch it off. Disadvantages
Children can be exposed to programming that is not appropriate for their age. adult themes of sex and violence are far too easily accessed and they destroy the innocence of children. Adults frequently spend many hours each day watching television to the detriment of work or family life.
Television is often the main or only source of information about current events and biased or inadequate reporting can deliver inaccurate or misleading information and opinion.
Some of the companies use it for sex TV films and programs , and that of course case a lot of social problems.
Family discussion and conversation can be reduced or eliminated with by the television being the focus of attention.
Because of violent news, such as killings and bombings, we may develop an inflated sense of danger
The more that television is watched, the less exercise people tend to get. Television is often blamed for the rise in obesity in the Western world.
Content that contains sex or violence can cause a belief that such behavior is normal and acceptable. Trash programs that promote idiodicy– “The Simple Life” is also an example of questionable behavior being presented as acceptable.
Television is without doubt the most effective medium to deliver information to large numbers of people very quickly. News in one part of the world can be seen within minutes or even seconds in any other part of the world.
The variety of channels available offer a way to get several different views of events. Having a single editor’s opinion forced upon us is unlikely in most parts of the world.
Information is available to far more people with the use of television. People are able to gather information on politics, science, history, geography, culture in a way that has never before been possible.
Television can educate and inform independently of government in most parts of the world. Such information can help to protect people from would be dictators or oppressive regimes. Television was a factor in bringing together the protesters that brought down the governments of East Germany, Poland and the Soviet Union in the late twentieth century.
Television is a source of entertainment that is affordable. Before television, visual entertainment meant a trip to the theater to watch a movie or play. Today, movies, drama, comedy and music are all delivered straight to the home.
Used carefully, television can be a great children’s educator. Advantages: In my opinion a large number of people are concerned with television every day technicians, cameramen, programmers and of course artists. Television plays an important role in our society. Watching television is very popular. You can watch it everywhere and anytime you want. You can watch many TVprogrammes on many TVstation. I think that TV is quite good source of information. You can get very cheep and fast summary of news. The news can be sometimes more concerned with entertainment than information, but every viewer have to choose the correct channel. Another kind of TV programe. I prefer is e.g. documentary films.
I am interested in nature all over the world, and it is very exciting to watch the life of animals, plants or other people in foreign countries. Disadvantages: Some adults say that TV watching is bad for kids. People are very violent and also children are agressive. The killer become their heros. Maybe they like watching TV and videos where kills . Also even cartoons are full of violence. Just try to watching the famous Pikachu or Dragon Ball. Another bad TV programmes are stupid competitions, where you needn’t know anything to win some money. I think it is quite unfair, because if it is competition, you must prove something of your knowledge to get some money, not only by chance. Then I hate more and more advertisements. But sometimes some of them are so stupid that they are funny. Many of people say, that watching TV is waste of time, but I think that it is unnecessary to say it, because everyone can choose those programmes he prefers or can switch off the television.