The Future of Health Care as an Employee Benefit Essay Sample
Get Full Essay
Get access to this section to get all the help you need with your essay and educational goals.Get Access
The Future of Health Care as an Employee Benefit Essay Sample
This research paper will deal with the study of the future health care and its employees benefit. Health care means the prevention, the treatment, and the management of illness and the preservation of mental and physical well-being, the services was offered by the medical, nursing, and allied health professions. Health care has its organized provision of services that may comprise a system. The National Health Service and Social Services was known before as “healthcare” and it’s became popular until now. Some English-speakers was referred to medicine or to the health sector and spoke of the treatment and prevention of illness and disease through health care (Wikipedia, the free Encyclopedia).
Body of the Paper
In the health care system it is the health and safety of the patients are the most important roles of all the staff and the employees concern. They will work hand in hand to do their jobs efficiently, in order to meet the needs of the patients. The health care industry includes the delivery of health services by the health care providers. Such services usually receive payment from the patient or from the patient’s insurance companies. Some health care center was -financed by the government or delivered by some charities or volunteers, particularly in poorer countries.
In the health care industry they encourage all members to become more involved in healthcare; they provide current and accurate information along with tools to support good decision-making. And they continue to build on what is currently available and will look at new ways to continue transforming the health of their members.
In today’s health care system, employee’s benefits are the one of their first priority they established programs for the benefits intended for their eligible employees. These programs were strictly followed by the employers. Some of the benefits as follow:
- Health insurance ranks as the most important benefits that employees seek from an employer. Now they are offering competitive benefits program for their employees such as; health care program. Disability and retirement benefits.
- Employee’s comprehensive benefits program to gain significant competitive advantage over other employees.
- Medical\ Dental benefits, and upon termination of duty all employees participating in a medical benefits plan are eligible for extended medical coverage at the employee’s expense for up to 18-36 months.
- The vision care plan, eligible employees can save on the costs of vision care through company’s vision plan.
- 125c plan eligible employees are pre-tax deduction of dependent care and employee contributions to health and dental care benefits.
- A short- term disability insurance which is an added income protection in the event of illness or any injury happens to the member.
- The life insurance that has benefits of 10 yrs life insurance that covers the member whole life insurance coverage.
- The fitness club memberships which give the members discounted memberships to any fitness club nationwide.
- Direct deposits options to the employees.
- Credit union memberships give options to the employees to join trusted, reputable credit unions nationwide.
- And they give employees discounts on purchasing cars from any motor cars in the country
Today’s health care industry is the second faster growing sector of the U.S economy. And employing over 12 million contract workers and the largest populations of the employees in the health care is the woman who represents nearly 80 percent of the health care work force. Several.
Health care workers were facing a wide range of hazards on the job. Including needle stick injuries, back injuries, latex allergy, violence, and stress. Although, it is possible to prevent or reduce health care worker exposure to these hazards, health care workers actually are experiencing increasing numbers of occupational injuries and illness. The rates of occupational injury to health care workers have risen over the past decade (Health Care Workers, 2003).
. People enrolled in consumer-driven health plans are more tuned in to healthcare costs than those in health maintenance organizations. Despite of the fast-rising health care costs, employers that offer health benefits to their workers say they are committed to the current employer-based health insurance system. According to new survey findings, two-thirds of employers—including those who provide health benefits and those who do not—strongly or somewhat agree that all employers should share in the cost of health insurance for employees, either by covering their own workers or by contributing to a fund to cover the uninsured.
“Employers’ Views on Incremental Measures to Expand Health Coverage” Future efforts to expand health insurance coverage, they believe, will likely build on the current employer-based coverage system that will be a great help for all the employees.
Today health care industry was facing economic crisis done by sudden inflation rate that is happening, and the benefits entitled for the employees was affected because of the rise cost of some insurance companies and the cost of medical drugs and facilities. But the health care companies were trying to give the benefits the employees are entitled to get. When an employee retires from work they are given the right benefits that intended for them.
In the health care system, policies that would require additional administrative action on the part of the employers are a part to extend coverage to uninsured workers. However, employers are less resolute when it comes to coverage expansion policies that require a greater financial contribution (Employers Views on Incremental Measures to Expand Health Coverage, 2006).
In the face of a soaring budget deficit, the federal government fiend ways and means to maintain the facilities of all the healthcare companies and the government tries to give all the benefits to the health care employees. Even in the face of rapid premium growth, all the employers in the health care industry perform well in their duties and responsibilities and they get all their benefits intended for them.
Andrews Michelle, (2006) Health Plan Blues, Retrieved December 12. 2006 from
Health Care Workers, Retrieved December 12. 2006 from
Hirsh Lou, Valley health care experts aim to solve system’s ills, from
The Principal Financial Group Introduces New Tools, Making Informed Healthcare Choices
Easier, (2006) Retrieved December 12, 2006 from
- Whitmore, S. R. Collins, J. R. Gabel, and J. D. Pickreign, Employers’ Views on Incremental
Measures to Expand Health Coverage, Health Affairs, Nov. /Dec. 2006, 25(6):1668–78
Wikipedia, the free Encyclopedia Retrieved December 12, 2006 from