Review this week’s resources (for example SMART criteria, and the Career Plan Building Activities). Respond to the following in 50 to 100 words each:
1. Describe one academic goal that you have created using the SMART criteria. How do SMART criteria contribute to your academic goals?.
One of my new academic goals that I have created from using the SMART criteria, is that I want to have a 3.0 when I graduate. The SMART criteria have contributed to my ideas by helping me narrow down my goals rather than having broad goals. For example, before learning about the SMART criteria one of my goals was to pass all of my classes. Now I have narrowed that goal down and feel it is obtainable for me.
2. Describe one professional/career goal you have created using the SMART criteria and Career Plan Building Activities results. How did the results of the Career Interest Profiler and Career Plan Building Activity on Competencies contribute to your professional goal development?
After seeing the Career Plan Building Activities results, a new goal that have created using the SMART criteria is to open a private security company. The top two results of the Career Interest Profiler were taking initiative and entrepreneurial thinking. This tells me these strengths contribute to the development of my new professional goal.
3. Describe the stress and time-management strategies you have learned this week that will help you achieve your goals.
One of the strategies that I learned that will help achieve my academic goal is scheduling. In order to maintain a 3.0 GPA I need to turn in assignments on time and know when tests and quizzes are. Scheduling all deadlines will keep me accountable. One of the strategies that learned to help me achieve my career goal is learning about priorities. If I understand what is a priority and what is not then I will be able to achieve my goals faster to create my company.
4. Describe how you will balance academic expectations and your personal and professional responsibilities.
In order to help balance my school, professional and personal responsibilities I will schedule and prioritize all activities pertaining to each. Having these responsibilities scheduled and prioritized will help me to know what needs to be done in a timely manner. So far at times this has been easier said than done, but I will strive to get better.
5. How can understanding the importance of SMART criteria and your career interests and competencies help you move towards your career and academic goals? After reviewing the results of the career competencies test and the career interests test I have learned my strengths and weaknesses. By knowing and understanding the SMART criteria I will be able to create short term goals that will help me ultimately accomplish my long term career and academic goals.