The objective of this report is to highlight the practical face of hospitality and culinary arts. The frame of my training was based on the comparison of what I have studied and learned in AHA to what I experienced in the restaurant.
Overview of the restaurant
Joe’s was established in 2001 by a family of good food lovers. Located in a quiet, hidden place in Los Banos, Laguna, Joe’s is the go to place to bring one’s date, or to have an initimate meal with friends. Joe’s serves a variety of pastas and steaks, and the restaurant takes pride in serving only freshly home cooked meals. With friendly and courteous staff and a serene and homey ambiance, it’s no wonder that Joe’s has such a regular and loyal following. GMA News Online recommended the restaurant as among the top ten must-try restaurant in Los Banos, Laguna: “Here’s one restaurant where people usually spend their birthdays. Those who have been there know the reason: Joe’s has an ambiance that radiates a certain kind of intimacy. Don’t get me wrong. It’s not an exquisite building of majestic proportions. However, if you’re looking for a few good laughs and a delectable lamb chop,
then a visit to Joe’s might be worth your while”
Job Title: Trainee
Report To: Restaurant Supervisor
* Prepare basic ingredients such as tomatoes, onions, garlic, olives, and herbs readily available for cooking.
* Prepare and make basil pesto.
* Bake pastries such as tiramisu and cheesecake.
* Assist in handling cash registry.
* Change cutlery.
* Bring plates from the kitchen to the waiters.
* Refill salt, pepper, oil, and dried chilli.
* Set-up tables.
* Fold napkins.
* Assist in deep cleaning of kitchen.
* Take and serve orders to customers.
* Assist in maintaining toilet sanitation.
* Handle food plating and garnishing.
* Assist in weekly inventory.