Academic Essay Writing Tips Essay Sample
- Word count: 1015
- Category: College Example
A limited time offer!
Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
Academic Essay Writing Tips Essay Sample
Writing academic essay is a kind of work that is usually used for testing students’ knowledge either at school or university. Many of them don’t like this assignment because their level of language is not high enough. However, all you need is to write a good essay to comprehend the grammatical structure of the English sentence and have a rich vocabulary. In fact, preparing an English article is not very difficult, the most crucial thing is to understand how to start. Here are some practical tips and techniques that will come in handy for you.
What Is an Academic Essay?
An academic essay structure is a piece of writing that includes your thoughts, experiences, and ideas. It reflects skills that you have acquired during this or that course. In addition to this, it shows how much efforts you have put into researching the paper topic and how analytical you have been in selecting and commenting on the material you use.
It is vital to pay attention to the rubrics which you receive from your teacher because they show which criteria are considered when the composition is evaluated. Sometimes students forget to check these instructions and the entire article becomes in vain. Bear in mind that comprehending the question which you are asked is the half of your work.
Read the task description carefully and jet down the keywords. This step will help you with planning the further order of preparing your academic work.
Why Is It Important to Write Essays?
Good essay writing has a profound impact on people’s development. The purpose of the composition is to interest its readers, to change their thinking and to get them involved in the ideas it presents. When you write an essay, you learn new and effective ways of expressing yourself. Also, you develop your academic skills, your vocabulary and find your own academic style. Besides, you learn how to think critically because this kind require objectivity of your arguments. These skills will be useful for you even in everyday life or working conditions.
Structure of an Academic Essay
The academic essay writing structure has a three-part plan that will consist of introduction, body, and conclusion. The body of the text should be longer than introduction and conclusion. If you want your paper to be persuasive and make sense, you need to present it in a well structured essay with high authenticity. Let us see what elements should be included in these three sections.
To write the introduction is a very important to admit that this component play the role of a hook for the target audience. In the structure of academic essay writing you beginning creates the initial impression about the text and its author. In this part, the writer introduces the topic, states arguments and evidence about main points. With the introduction you should prepare a concise content which contains key elements of the problem. The essay reveals the person’s way of thinking.
The body of your work should consist of series of paragraphs that develop the argument. Also, it contains one main idea in the topic sentence that states key ideas. There can be several topic sentences, but each of them should link directly to the argument. In the body, you answer the question, developing the discussion at the same time. To add to this, you show your knowledge concerning the material you have read and learned. One more interesting thing is that you can use relevant examples and quotes in this part of the essay.
However, if you add this information use the link to the reference where you have taken the initial material. This step is a must in academic papers.
In conclusion, you make a restatement or summary of the main points mentioned in the body paragraphs. It should include a final broad statement concerning the possible implications or future directions for research. The purpose of this part is to round off the article to summarise the main ideas.
Recommendations for Writing a Good Essay
In order to write your paper quickly and qualitatively, we prepared several pieces of advice for you. Following them, you will not only learn how to write perfect compositions but also how to deal with the text.
- The paper topics are very diverse, that’s why you should develop your knowledge by reading books and encyclopedias.
- Learn to understand English grammar and try to bear in mind as much vocabulary as possible.
- Incorrect structure and limited vocabulary become immediately visible. These factors indicate the info that you do not use the language properly.
- Always have a draft with you, though you ought to be able to use it wisely.
- Do not try to prepare all the content on the draft and then rewrite it on the fair copy. It is more efficient to draw only a few lines on the draft. For example, preparing a plan, the most important facts and arguments to them.
- Don’t forget that the structure of the article plays a crucial role. Unstructured text looks unattractive, and most significantly — it does not allow you to spread the information.
- Always keep in mind that you need not only to prepare a text, but also to check it out. So, you should have good time management skills.
- Adding the fact that you clarify should be reasoned and logically grounded.
- Learn to express your thoughts correctly. Never cover the fact that you don’t see into or comprehend very little. Be sure that the words you have written are grammatical and suitable regarding the context.
- Learn the linking words and phrases that serve to connect parts of the text. Bear in mind that cliche is a frequent phenomenon in the paper.
- Be gentle in your beliefs. As far as the composition shows the subjective perception of the highlighted problem, never emphasize that you are completely right because other people have their own opinions concerning one or another topic and they can not coincide with yours. Also do not resort to tricky topics such as politics, religion, etc.
Taking everything into account, preparing an academic article is not that difficult if you follow the mentioned above rules and recommendations.
Academic Essay Structures