Reservation System Essay Sample
- Word count: 509
- Category: software
A limited time offer!
Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
Reservation System Essay Sample
This study is anchored with system’s theory proposed by Ludwig von Bertalanffy during the 1940’s. It is a theory that emphasized that real systems are open to, and interacts with, their environments, and that they can acquire qualitatively new properties through emergence, resulting in continual evolution. Rather than reducing an entity to the properties of its parts or elements, systems theory focuses on the arrangement of and relations between the parts which connect them into a whole. Systems concepts include: system-environment boundary, input, output, process, state, hierarchy, goal-directedness, and information.
Figure 1: Schematic Diagram of the study
The figure above shows the difference of the process in the Current System and the Proposed System.
Design and Methodology
System Design Specification
The Automated Reservation System has been developing using the waterfall model with prototyping as shown in Figure 2 below:
System and Software
Implementation and Unit testing
Integration and System testing
Operation and Maintenance
Figure 2: Water Fall Model
Water Fall Model
The proponents chose the water fall model as the formal method to follow in accomplishing what have been set in the objectives. Water Fall Model is designed for a robust software development. It can set deadlines and can be managed easily. It offers a development. Approach that Fields results without first requiring information. The waterfall model describes a development method that is linear and sequential. Waterfall development has distinct goals for each phase of development. Imagine a waterfall on the cliff of a steep mountain. Once the water has flowed over the edge of the cliff and has begun its journey down the side of the mountain, it cannot turn back. It is the same with waterfall development. Once a phase of development is completed, the development proceeds to the next phase and there is no turning back.
The Water Fall model comprises the following steps:
1. Requirement definition – the proponents gathered significant information of the system to be developed and talk about what is the main purpose of the system. From this, the proponents will make a research and conduct interviews with the clients
2. System and Software design – At this phase the proponents analyzed the design of the system and what the things needed in developing the system based on the information gathered. The softwares used for these projects are: WampServer, PHP, and Dreamweaver.
3. Implementation and unit test – The proponents started the development of the modules of the system and test each unit through trial and error method. The proponents will have to test the system first before its deployment.
4. Integration and system test – The proponents merged all the modules in the system and the test it.
5. Operation and maintenance – The proponents checked the system by reviewing the process, correcting the errors and finalizing the system that will to be used by the clients. After the deployment, the proponents will maintain and update the system on a weekly basis.