Why Do People Become Homelss Essay Sample
- Word count: 1774
- Category: unemployment
A limited time offer!
Get a custom sample essay written according to your requirements urgent 3h delivery guaranteedOrder Now
Why Do People Become Homelss Essay Sample
This paper is going to present to you why people become homeless and why it does not stop Homelessness is a problem that have getting out of hands because of not addressing the situation on time. The focus is not so much the why but, if it will ever stop. Homelessness is a phenomenon that has so much to address research has been done; it was discover that for our government to concentrate on the stop instead of the why. We know the why. The problem is to start by addressing the gender, the culture, the psychosocial of the individual, and the moral effect on our community the economic, create interventions developed to address their housing and service needs. These include interventions directed at the adult the individual themselves education, employment, social skills training as well as family-focused. By implementing this plan we can begin to address the phenomenon of homelessness.
Homelessness is not something that was created over night it has existed for a longtime; often we choose not to see the homeless, or bother with them, so we look the other way. Homelessness is not prejudice toward race, creed, or religion–it has no boundaries; all homeless people should not be stereotyped as being drug abusers or the mentally ill that have been released from mental hospitals. Homelessness is not a disease that a person can catch from bodily contact, but it certainly has afflicted many Americans. We need to find the cause of homelessness before we can find a solution. The government needs to prioritize this situation that got completely out of control. Today there are so many women and children that are homeless. It became a phenomenon affecting our community; the problem is persistent homelessness is closely related to poverty.
There are many economic issues facing families in their community that could lead to homelessness.
People become homeless mainly because of poverty whenever you walk in a community or neighborhood that are in poor condition with abounding building you see homeless or square living in theses building, poverty is one our number reason for homeless. It’s an issue that someone gets up that morning and decided to be homeless. Another reason for hopelessness is the lack low income housing in our community, family is force to move into housing unit that they financially they can’t not afford. Hoping they get lucky, and get a better pay Job to keep them in the apartment or house but it happen that they don’t find a better job and find evicted or in foreclosure. The next reason the foreclosure which is the next rapidly growing population in homelessness people are been force to leave they home because of losing their job or spouse abandonment, domestic violence and the epidemic of foreclosure is causing family ruction by divorce to many children become affected by divorce, low income housing. Foreclosure affect family in so many way family been effected emotionally many of these family have live in their house for years when the foreclosure on them.
Credit destroy behind foreclosure, and family with no place to go How it is affecting. Homeless is an increasing situation in our community is like an epidemic that is affecting so many in the United Stated. The current economic problem makes situation even worse, because is not only affecting the community, but also socially and politically and safety, homeless people may don’t realize it but it affects every person in our community. The crime begging to increase in our community, some area becomes so dangerous to walk through because there abandon building and squatter make their home.
What is our government is trying to do stop this situation how can the fix it. The Homeless situation has grown so rapidly and the government really didn’t give it much priority, they keep putting it aside and are got worse. Know with deficit and the foreclosure problem. Is has even increase more. The children of theses homeless parent are the prime candidate to end up in the justice system. In writhing this papers I to explore and this problem that are hurting so many family in the country. Why doesn’t it stop? Our government never took this situation as a priority they keep putting it aside because is not important for them the reason it has grown beyond. Next reason it don’t is the deficit no job, some of the homeless population has become with mental healthiness with depression problem and so many other conditions. Also they become comfortable in that situation. SUPPORTED POIN 1.
Poverty is one reason of Homelessness.
* From the great depression one of the biggest problems was the crash from Wall Street in October, 1929 immediately it went around worldwide. When the market crash came a moment of high unemployment, poverty, low profits, deflation, plunging farm incomes, and lost opportunities for economic growth and personal advancement whish eventually is leading to poverty and much homelessness. (Smiley, 2008) * Coming from a poor family living in an already impoverished condition, falling below the poverty. Our government definition of poverty is according to the total income a family poverty level threshold 2012 is set at 23,050 for the old year for a family of four if a person is making minimum wage they don’t even come near that threshold, they are * Falling below poverty threshold and make a person become homeless. (NATIONAL , 2009)
Poverty is also the deprivation of food, shelter, money and clothing that occurs when people cannot satisfy their basic needs. Poverty can be understood simply as a lack of money, or more broadly in terms of barriers to everyday life. (Krugman, 2009) * Benefit can really keep you in a poverty condition were you become trap. Many family depend so much on the system so much that they will not go out on look for job they will find so many excuse just not to go out and a job or go to or a training program to get out of that poverty mentality they become trap in that comfort rot zone. (Ellwood, 1985) page 6 ,22, SUPPORTE POIN 2.
There is low income in the household that house in danger of become homeless. * Low salary or with minimum wage, 8.75 per hour or yearly (16,800) with a household five can’t not survive with minimum wage. 65% of American family have at least three children with both parent living in the house make it five person in that household there is no way a minimum salary can keep a family of five to sustained their household when there’s is house payment, light, cloths for children food, transportation it is almost impossible to survive (NATIONAL , 2009) There are many that believe this Low income is a fact that is in control of other, poverty is a fillings and the way you think, and the way you see yourself. SUPPORT POINS 3.
* Foreclosure in homes in America our leading cause.
* Foreclosure can be cause by many thing sicknesses, separation, but main causes today of foreclosure are losing of employment. And unemployment. How does losing a job reflex on foreclosure, local home values, tax collections and related issues? Think of unemployment numbers as a leading indicator, a hint of things to come unless we put more people back to work (Peter, 2011) * Low salary or working part time, not having proper education or training. To get good paying Job. * Domestic Violence very stressful situation that can cause a person to abounded their home. Most of the time a couple sit down and make an agreement between the both to purchase their home. Once that victim have to leave the home because of the continue abuse receive from her abuser, that mortgage responsibility fall on the abuser, if he don’t have the fund to cover the financial support he was getting from his wife before she made up her mind to leaves. Domestic Violence could be another leading reason for homelessness. . COUNTER-ARGUMENTS:
* Homelessness does not affect every single person in a community. It only affects the certain person or family. (May 29, 2008) (Jason, 2008) * Not every child that has grown up in a poor environment will end up in the justice system. * The government has been creating jobs for those who are in debt, but they have not considered getting more training program for homeless. RESPONSE TO COUNTER-ARGUMENTS:
* Homelessness can affect every single person in a community. By people breaking into people homes because of something they want. And that can cause a lot of crimes in the community. (Jennifer , 2007)) * Most children that have grown up in a poor environment will end up in the Justice system. They’ve learned how to survive by stealing from others and hurting others to get what they need. And that will soon become a part of them and they could end up in the system. (Tom , 2010) * Moving on to a healthy and productive adulthood is stacked against you, particularly if you are black or Latino. (Mayor Michael Bloomberg) acknowledged as much in If you are a young man from a poor neighborhood in New York City, is though , moving on to a healthy and productive adulthood are stacked against you, particularly if you are black or Latino.( Richard Buery JR June, 2012) (Tom , 2010) * The government has kept putting this situation aside. And that is the reason why homelessness has been growing rapidly, no one is doing anything about it. Creating jobs won’t do anything because they need to understand that people need to be train to be able to qualify for the right job. Conclusion:
* Homeless in America has been around for so many years it have push but we choice not to deal with until we notice it was hitting home. Today we understand that homeless in America facing Unger cold, danger, disease, beating, lowliness homeless is poverty, I choice this topic because it is a serious problem and to let everyone know that Homeless is a deserter that affect our community morally, fiscally, economically. Understand that homelessness does not discriminate.
NATIONAL, C. (2009). Why is people homeless Website: http://www.nationalhomeless.org David, P. (2008). Fight foreclosure
Wilkinson , P. (2006).
Jennifer , H. (2007). Homeless affect community, .
Jason, D. (2008). The epidemiology of the homeless population and its impact on an urban emergency department.
Waldron, J. (2000). Homelessness and community; 50 u.toronto lb. 371.
Tom, P. (2010, August). Associate attorney general department of education.